Commemorative Series to come back ?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Fine by me. I'd actually prefer it that way as opposed to hunting them in the stores

2. TWINTURBO

TWINTURBO Mandiprime97's badass :)

I am in for more G1 , I would love a JETFIRE (macross style)

3. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    I think eventually we will see Thrust & Ramjet reissued. I missed out on the convention exclusives of Ratchet and Ironhide. They were finally released in Encore. I think sooner or later, we will all get a chance to get what we are missing.

4. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

Not gonna happen. Takara and Hasbro lost licensing on that mold a long long time ago.

5. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    yup I think so to. BĂșt that TFc is my favorit thing next to original packing.

6. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I already sold off most of my g1 collection, and mainly focusing on masterpiece/classics. So that's a pass on these, but I'd be up for some monsterbot reissues. Why cant those guy's get any love?:redface2: 

7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Right, sorry, I should've been clearer. I meant that all six Seekers have only been reissued around the same time together once each about ten years ago, but as you were correct in listing, the other four have popped up since then (Starscream being one of the "Big 4"). My response was meant that all six haven't been reissued together multiple times, so Ramjet and Thrust are hardly old hat compared to others.

8. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I think characters that are unlikely to ever see classics treatment should especially be reissued. Metroplex, Trypticon, Fortress Maximus, Scorponok, Omega Supreme, Sky Lynx, and all the Combiner teams/Guestalts.. The Headmasters. I'd also like a Blurr because while the Generations blurr is a nice figure, It's just not really Blurr. It's a totally different character. I'd like a sleek looking blurr in car mode, and in robot mode a blurr that has that bucket helmet that he's known for.

Thrust is an other one I'd love to have along with Ironhide, Ratchet, the Dinobots, wheeljack, Mirage, and all the cassettes.

While the originals may not hold a candle to the articulation and complex transformations of todays standards, they are still the Transformers that started it all and hold a very strong nostalgic value. They are exactly the characters who their Tech Specs say they are. (I loved cutting out and reading the tech spec off the box from getting a new Transformer back in the day!)

I'd eat up as many reissues as my wallet would allow me if Hasbro were to put them out there.

9. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Well, thing is, they are the only two for whom the reissues are NOT easy to obtain. The other 4 have had multiple releases in large numbers. Those two had one release in limited numbers. That does put them at a disadvantage.

10. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    I second this!

11. AMG

AMG Old School

I'd love to see this happen. I had so much fun busting open those G1 Reissues/Encores and stickering them up. It brought back so many memories.

12. stevenmh

stevenmh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sky Lynx, Ironhide, Ratchet, Metroplex, Omega Supreme, and the cassettes are already reissued and can still be easily found in stock at reasonable prices. Check out TFSource. Unless you're saying you want these in Hasbro packaging. The fact that some of these are still sitting around unsold may be why we haven't seen anything new in awhile.

Dinobots, Wheeljack, Mirage, and some of the combiners are rumored to have the molds lost/stolen/destroyed. Don't know if it's true, but seems plausible considering there's no reason for them to have been skipped during the peak reissue years. For quite some time I've been considering buying the high quality KOs of these, but I'm afraid that as soon as I do, HasTak will announce reissues. I've been holding off buying any vintage Headmasters for the same reason. I'd love to buy these new in a box instead of getting them second hand off eBay.

It seems like Trypticon and Fort Max would be easy candidates for reissue. These molds have been used in the relatively recent past so we know they have them.

I've bought all the Takara and Hasbro reissues to date, except for some Encore figures and the latest Predaking since I already had two of them between all the previous releases and my vintage ones. I wouldn't have any need for any re-releases of previous reissues, but I'm hoping they'll look at doing some new releases.