Customs: Commemorative G1 Soundwave?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Bobby Lemain, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobby Lemain

Bobby Lemain Cassette Man

Has anyone gotten that? Because If so I was wondering if it came with actual stickers (and if so if they were already on it) or if he came with the ugly new-styled "built-in" decals.

The reason why I wanted to know this is, since the mold is basically a sound blaster what I was going to do was use black vinyl dye on the blue pieces, use red RID dye on the tape window then touch up the gold), and if I could find strong enough paint, possibly make the silver parts actually silver instead of a dull gray.

(If the stickers weren't stickers and are in fact decals then how would I be able to get them removed w/o sanding?)

2. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure they're real stickers, but just in case they're not, just use some 90% Isopropyl alcohol to remove the paint. A little rubbing and the paint will come right off.

3. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

comes with the stickers and you put them on yourself

4. Bobby Lemain

^best news I've heard all day (I've been TAing at my school for 6 community service hours and I've been ordered around like MAD)

ok! Thank-you very much, and just wondering, does vinyl dye "dye" the plastic or paint it? (ex. vinyl dying the cassette window with red vs. dying the window on a stove as stated in the resource guide)

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Dyeing clear plastic doesn't work at all. One method which I've heard/seen work is the marker. You basically take a marker and color over the clear plastic. I've seen the blue of Classics Optimus Prime go read with this method.

6. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

You could also get some Clear Red paint and paint the inside of the window, this should give you the look you want. Tamiya makes some nice clear paints.

There are two types of vinyl dye and neither will give you a clear red that you are looking for. The vinyl dyes both work the same way, except one is a coating and the other is a true dye. They don't work well on Polypropylene parts (these are the stiffer plastic parts and are usually ball joints and what not) because acetone has little to no effect on polypropylene at room temp.

7. Bobby Lemain

tyvm for the info and I think I'll take Boggs's advice about the clear paint seeing as I live near 2 hobbytowns, so, Ill pick up some vinyl dye from walmart/home depot and get some clear tamiya paint to turn my soundwave into a sound blaster, if i can even get hold of a soundwave... =/

8. Bobby Lemain

Crap, its out of stock... and I'm not about to pay $60 for the same thing on ebay... oh well, If I gather enough information and draw enough diagrams (like the time i wanted to build an NESPC) then maybe I might just make a 100% scratchbuild. The only thing puzzling me is how to make clear parts... and joints...and what the bottom of soundwave looks like when transformed...zomg...I'll get around to it eventually. I'll just work on those pictures for now since I have alot of free time in my TA position (Teacher's Aid [for summer school]).

9. Boggs6ft7

What I would do if I were you is to get a POS G1 soundwave, I've seen these go for less than $20 on ebay. Since you are basically destroying him anyways, the cheaper the better. Then I would go from there on repainting/dying him and whatever else you want to do.

10. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    I have good news for you. All this info is wrong.

Soundwave comes with Soundwave stickers pre-applied, AND comes with Soundblaster's sticker sheet.

11. Bobby Lemain

haha! even better! ... now if I could either find one or get one off ebay... btw, does POS stand for "Pile-Of-Sh*t"?

12. Boggs6ft7

I usually use the word to mean "piece", but yes

13. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:

Sure it does. It works nicely. Check out the Dairycon Stormsword exclusives. They were clear yellow, dyed to a nice even clear red.

I've also turned E. Divebomb's green clear accs to a nice shade of orange.

14. TTT

TTT OutOfCommissionToys.com

News Credits:
    Ouch dude, sounds like a lot of work !
    Why not spend an extra $20.00 and get the real deal ?
    [ebay]110137186743[/ebay]

15. Bobby Lemain

Well at least I didn't win the auction! (it ended at $91) eek! Looking at that, $60 doesn't look that bad haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.