Commander Shepard, I presume?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Smasher, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I thought it would be fun to get a thread going where we show off our Commander Shepard from Mass Effect.

Include his class and whether or not you tried to make him look like yourself at all.
    Here's mine:

I took the picture of the TV screen in a dark room with no flash and upped the contrast a little before I posted it.

[​IMG]

He is a Vanguard, and I don't think I look exactly like that, but I did try to make him look like me. I think he looks a lot more like me on a profile.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your dude is a pimp, Smash. Alas, I made my character a Woman. Alis Shepard, based on the character Alis from the first Phantasy Star game. I'm not at home, so I can't take a snap shot, but if you remember Superman 2, the bad girl from Krypton. She's almost exactly like her. Actually Smash, your Shepard looks a lot like me in Real Life.

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, I remember her.

Then you must be HAWT! LOL -just kidding. I don't think I look exactly like that, but kinda, generally, that's me. I also had to put the soul patch on him because my wife never lets me have one for me than a couple of weeks.

I do like the character customization in this game, it was confusing at first, but you do get a lot of control and, unlike Oblivion, your character can actually be attractive.

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Take the pubes off of his chin, and you have Commander Sandler.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/sindred_2006/?action=view&current=Me_Stairs.jpg

hahahah!

6. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I tried to make one look like me and failed. I made a bad ass with a giant scar but he looked retarded during cut scenes. I restarted using the default Shepard (wish you could edit that head), named him Saint, and made him a vanguard.

7. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
  8. ShockWave_AZ

ShockWave_AZ Shock and Awe

News Credits:
    Yeah there is something about them looking bad ass in the creation screen but crap during the custscenes. I created a Shepard that the most pissed look on his face at all times. But during the cutscences his eyes always looked like they were closed.

9. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Mine looked like Kevin Spacey half the time.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    God I need to get a picture of Alis. I'll try to post it tonight. Hahah, Commander Windcharger.

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Pictures?

12. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Here's a shot of my soldier. It's close to what I look like(minus the big cheek scar) but when I go to make a new character I might get a bit more in depth with looking like myself.

[​IMG]

13. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    mine looks like a badass from the front, but i inadvertently made his nose huge so from the side he looks like a knob. how do i get a screenshot of him onto my comp?

14. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I might post mine later, but I was kinda dissapointed in some of the limitations, causing it to not look a whole lot like me, but I did try. They really should have had a nose width option, and a forehead width option. I actually was able to get a much better likeness in Oblivions custom face options.

Yeah, the first time I made mine, the nose looked great in the menu, but when I got to the game, I turned into Gonzo. It doesn't help that the texture map seems to be brighter on the nose then the rest of the face, which just could also be their preset shader for the face. Either way it didn't look right and I started over.

15. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:

Coolness.
    Does the scar dstort correctly when he speaks?

16. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Yeah, a little bit. I thought that was cool that it moves along with his face. My character had the war hero background, so it made sense to me that if he faced off against pirates, mercs and slavers all by himself, he'd have some scars.