Comixology Transformers question

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Rexidus, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm a noob to Comixology. Is there a way to subscribe to the ongoing Transformers series? I'm not a huge fan of the price per issue and would like to buy a subscription which generally gives a better price. But I can't find that option so I suspect the answer is no, but hey why not ask others more in the know?

2. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, not as far as I know.

If you can live with being one month behind everyone else, though, all their comics go down to $1.99 (from $3.99) after a month on sale, so good opportunity for saving there!

3. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:

Not that I'm aware of, sadly. I too would be interested in something like that, not because I want it cheaper so much as paying for it all in one go is much more convenient. Without a fixed salary I can't guarantee I can afford the comic when the time comes, so for conveniences sake I'd love to subscribe when I've got money sat there. :( 

4. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

That's actually a really good idea. I would gladly buy a subscription to both of the ongoings if they offered it.

5. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    I don't know where you guys are but lots of comic shops actually offer discounts to their subscribers (I certainly do!) so you aren't paying full price if you buy it in the real world :p 

6. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Up here, if I weren't to go online I'd be in for a lot of toil, long walks, time spent complaining and explaining to idiots and it'd be altogether not worth it. And if I'm going to wind up going online, I might as well do it properly.

Besides, I'm converting to digital. Hard copies of stuff now tends to only be bought when they're collectors pieces, to be displayed. The ease of use that a digital copy provides is what got me into comics (especially with the aforementioned barren wilderness that is Northern England - if not for the apps making it easy I doubt I'd have bothered at all), and it's harder to loose, damage or use as a coaster. Plus I can cart my entire library around with me. :D 

7. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didn't realise the prices dropped, I think I can wait a month per issue for that kind of difference.

I would love to still buy comics in paper format but storing them is just too much work. I will still be picking up the trades though.