Coming soon: Green Lantern Corps Civil War?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by General Magnus, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Did anyone pick up this week's War Aftermath issue? Is it worth picking up?

2. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked it up, and it's not really worth picking up yourself. I'll summarize it for you. In loose chronological order (or at least how I'm remembering it after having read it twice):

-Hal Jordan is teleported to Earth, and angsts.
    -The Green Lanterns are angsty about Krona controlling them.
    -Kilowog tries to quit because of Sinestro wearing a green ring.
    -Sinestro says something to the effect of "You think I WANT this ring, Kilowog? GET IT OFF!"
    -The Guardians continue their string of moronic behavior by mourning Krona, and complaining about how a mortal was able to kill one of them. They disregard completely the fact that Mogo is dead. Only the GLs seem concerned with that.
    -Salaak quickly establishes himself as the only sane person in the room, and tells Kilowog that he can't quit, as all the GLs are angsty and therefore not in their right minds. In an amusing bit, he establishes that even HE is suffering from PTSD. He goes on to forbid GLs from quitting on that day.
    -The Guardians go into their citadel to angst, complain, and deliberate. They take Sinestro with them, telling him that if he wants the ring off, he should come with them.
    -John Stewart wants to start rebuilding, but some GLs want to kick his ass for killing Mogo. Kyle Rayner stops them, claiming that the Black Lantern energy John was channeling tainted his perception or something, but John stands up for his actions, and claims he was acting rationally. Kyle gets all pissy and says he won't be John's friend anymore.
    -Ganthet angsts about feeling old. Saint Walker shows up, and uses his ring to regenerate Ganthet's hand using his hope for Sayd's well-being.
    -Soranik is treating wounded GLs, including one alien accountant who was recruited when Mogo started sending out waves of new rings. He quits, which is apparently NOW allowed. Hannu says for Soranik to not worry about it, and takes her to where Vath Sarn (who still has Thanagarian legs, in a nice artistic touch) and some other GLs are fed up, and are planning to break into the Guardians' citadel and assassinate Sinestro...
    -Angst angst angst.

If you'd like, I can summarize issue 2 as well, once it's out. I'd assume that it's gonna be necessary in order to understand WHY the Guardians are allowing Sinestro to run around as a GL again.

I LIKE Tony Bedard's Green Lantern work. But this issue was pretty bad.

3. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

The Lanterns recruited while Krona was in control are a special circumstance, having been selected much more indiscriminately by a mind controlled Mogo. Green Lantern Corps #61 shows most of them quit, mostly feeling they didn't deserve to become Green Lanterns or remorse over crimes they committed while under the mind control themselves.