Coming out this Fall, huh? Really?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Transformed, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone else surprised about this game being so far off, even after seeing and hearing the game in play?

The game (what we've seen, anyway) looks pretty solid, and it has voice, music and sound already worked in as well. What could possibly be left and why do they need that much longer to do it?

From what we're hearing about multiplayer, it too sounds Done.

2. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Not surprised. They are not rushing Fall of Cybertron to store shelves, it sounds like a lot of time and effort is going into finishing the little details. As a fan of video games, I can appreciate that and willing to wait.

3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    As much as I love to play it soon too this does take time to really make the game good. Trust me when it gets released we''ll appraciate it more.

4. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    I hate the waiting, but the time and effort they're putting into this game makes up for it.

5. Joalro

Joalro Well-Known Member

Just because they have gameplay videos to show doesn't mean that all the levels are done. Even if all the levels were done, debugging can take a long time. Also if every character has different abilities, then balancing online play can take a long time. Cinematics can take time a lot of time to animated, and it's possible they aren't finished that.

The fact is, there are always things to do, and i'm glad they are taking their time to do it. Good games take a while to make.

It's also called Fall of Cybertron, not Spring of Cybertron. Its release is right in it's name!

6. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Impatience and rushing is the key to failure. Would you prefer it take a while for a near-perfect game to be released? Or would you prefer to rush them and make them release an unrefined POS?
    Even if production is through, there's still all kinds of play testing and stuff to be had.

7. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pleasantly surprised that it's looking that good at this point in development. That likely means that they'll have plenty of time to work out all the bugs, do some nice polishing and make it a better game. Hopefully it makes the wait worth it. From what I've seen so far it looks like FoC is going to be awesome!

8. Mewtwo

Mewtwo Transform & Bamboo out

No co-op really hurts this...

9. dunerunner123

dunerunner123 Optipottamus prime

OH OH better yet Summer of cybertron, play beach volley ball with optimus and megatron in bikinis at the beach. every character will have cleavage too! even Ironhide and brawl!

I AM A GENIUS

10. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    So...like DoA beach volleyball? Pass. :lol 

Still siging this though.

11. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah there's still tons of stuff that needs to be done probably. Have you noticed nothing about multiplayer has been shown even to press, outside of character creator? They had said in one of the interviews some time ago that the multiplayer component hadn't really been started yet. So there's a lot of stuff to be done.

And yeah the single player might not even be complete either.

And of course bug hunting is a never ending task.

Recording voices happens quite early in development.

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The GameInformer media blitz from late last year revealed that HMS set a dedicated team to the MP side of the game, and that the MP side of game, was well underway. Just because Matt didn't want to talk about it (he admitted that he had already said too much) doesn't mean it isn't far along.

I believe it was during this blitz that VOs hadn't been done yet, but here we are, February of 2012 and it is done. Levels look to be better than solid. Character animation is very fluid and detail as well as NPC and the levels themselves have great color, lighting, animation, sound effects and voice work.

Sure, we've only seen a snipped, but we've seen smaller snippets back in December of other levels that looked just as complete, minus sound and VOs.

Matt Tieger said that there is still much they have to reveal, but I suspect these things were already nearing their final touches--this game has been in development for what? Two years before they announced it? It's slatted for this fall after all, so they would have had to pretty far along to be able to announce that date.

I only wonder if that date, took unforeseen problems into account, giving them time to make adjustments before release. If HMS is ahead of schedule, would be see an earlier release?

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Early releases when it comes to games are NEVER a good thing. It's always better to hold to the set date and keep working out bugs.

Unless it's Duke Nukem: Forever. In which case there is such a thing as "too long in development hell".

14. Starfire22

Starfire22 Wall crawling menace!

News Credits:
    Just because two levels are done, does not mean that the entire game is done. (Unless it's the MW games :p )

15. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    He's right you know, they probably havn't even started on making the multiplayer maps...

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    *high five*

17. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    What with the stupid developer mentality: "Ah don't worry we can fix it post-lunch", I'm glad that HMS are taking there time. All we need now if for them to not listen to players who don't know how to play.

Meaning don't nerf things that don't need to be nerfed.

18. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:

They havent if not barely started multiplayer and only a few levels have been made in the story and many of it needs debugging and testing as well as the animations need to be made they also need to clean up EVERY bit of colour and detail on the charectors and world so they look really good they also they need to fix up the AI of the enemys...

19. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Two levels, huh? If they only have two levels this game is doomed. I don't know how many levels/chapters are planned, but I can't see much getting completed in the time frame remaining--about 6 months until Fall.

20. Christiankid7

Christiankid7 Christianbot

I think they should wait till next year. One year for a game isn't good. 2 years is better but Activision WONT do it.

Spider-man Shattered Dimensions vs Spider-man Edge of Time
    and
    Transformers War For Cybertron vs DOTM

SD and WFC were the first Spider-man/Transformers games created by their respective companies (Beenox and High Moon) They were much better than (longer and better IMO)
    Edge of Time and Dark of the Moon.....yeah
    Activision had HMS & Beenox working on 2 DIFFERENT GAMES at THE SAME TIME, plus Activision screwed over HMS by having them rush DOTM out to make it by the movie, and they screwed Beenox over by cutting their budget to make that Call of Duty garbage

Developers should have a mandatory 2 years to make a game