Coming in 2012: Watchmen II

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by payton34, Jan 27, 2012.

1. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

I agree on the main argument here. But that's not to say that the writers picked by DC to do the "Before Watchmen" series won't tell a strong story.

I would have loved to have had Watchmen the 2nd set in the 2000's with a new generation of characters un-related to the 1st Books cast. Have these characters deal with current social, political issues. No guest appearance's by Laurie, or Daniel. The only relation to Book 1 should be Rorschach's Journal. And it should be a 911 like conspiracy.

*But unfortunately Watchmen prequels is all we will be getting.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Honestly, looking at the concept, the writers, and the artists, this looks about as good a beginning as they could have announced. There's still a lot of room for it to fail spectacularly though.

3. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I could not, in any way, shape or form, possibly agree with you more. What you just described would be amazing.

4. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    When Bob Kane isn't in involved in Batman, it reduces my interest to zero.

Alan Moore wrote stories with characters based on other people's characters. He also wrote a ton of stories with other people's characters. Surprisingly, the majority of the comic industry works this way. Shocking I know. Alan Moore may look like him, but he isn't god. He's some some writer who has his head too far up his own rear.

I'll definitely check this out when it comes out as they've got some really good names and a good concept going here. Interested to see what'll happen to make this feel like an event before the events of the original.

5. hellrasinbrasin

But we got pieces of characters back history and what they did prior to the opening to Alan Moore's Watchmen in Watchmen. So the question is why do I need to buy 30 comics written by 2 different author's when the same material was covered by the original author.

6. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Dan Didio needs a new car.

7. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anything with the Kuberts attached to it (Andy, Adam or Joe) is an instant buy for me.

8. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I was going to suggest that they need the money to fund more pointless comics for people living in the past, but then I remembered 80% of their monthly output.

9. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I honestly lost alot of respect for DC doing this and won't even touch these books unless they get GREAT word of mouth.

10. hellrasinbrasin

The only word of mouth should be these words: "If you love Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons Watchmen do not support DC's Comics Before Watchmen. DC is milking Moore's Watchmen for all its worth with a 30 book series written by author's who have no idea what Watchmen was about in the first place".