Comics Question: What were the capabilities of Bludgeons ship: The "Warworld"?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by IhsantheCursed, May 17, 2010.

1. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

This is something Ive wondered for awhile. Not only that, but HOW did those abilities work? Being a huge comics fan, I obviously need some answers to even bigger , more knowledgable comics fans. Thanks in advance guys. Im attempting to write some fanfiction.

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

It is an alien world, like of ancient Rome gone wrong. Ruled by the evil despot, Mongul who keeps the masses in check by entertaining them with violent gladitorial combat. Until one day, Superman is brought in as a gladiator and...

Wait... That's the DC version. Never mind. :p 

3. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Yeah...im looking for the well written version bud :) 

4. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Come on man, no one here knows this stuff? I tried wikipedia, the resorces here, and a guidebook, but its kinda vaugue. I figured out of thousands of fanboys, a few would know...HELP

edit: Sorry to doublepost :( 

5. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Warworld - Transformers Wiki

As far as I can tell, we don't know the exact technical specifications of the ship, as it's design varied a bit depending on the artist, and officially, they were never provided.

All we really saw the Warworld do was shoot at stuff. But this is what fanfiction is for, right? You could totally make up some cool new abilities for the ship. It's stated in-story that the ship is cobbled together from dozens of different alien technologies, right? Go with that, as a start! :) 

6. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Yeah, thats actually exacly what I was gonna do, I just wanted to get everybit of info about it first. Seems like there would be more info , or legend , around it...if only generated by the fans. Thanks though man.

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It has the capacity to look a lot like a 1985 portable television that was assimilated by the Borg.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    It probably ran off the same kind of power sources that cybertronian ships and facilities did (energon? Nucleon? I dunno). In terms of capabilities, it had enough space and resources to support, repair, and build new members of a decepticon army, it had sufficient weapons systems to lay waste to earth from orbit, and it was able to stand toe to toe (somewhat) with a battleship from a modern cybertronian (decepticon) ship.

Could you be more specific in what you want to know?

9. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

I want to know anything you can tell me about it friend, and i do appreciate your comments/help. If you need specifics: I have heard that it could drain a world of its resorces. How? and long does the process take? Would the ship not be defenceless during this time?

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    1) Don't know, probably uses the same kind of technology the individual Decepticons use, possibly on a much larger scale.
    2) They don't say, depends on the process they use.
    3) Unlikely, since by all observations it's pretty much MADE of guns.

Seriously. It's more of a plot device than anything else, and they don't really go into a whole lot of specifics. From what I remember, it's got a whole lot of little lasers it uses to shoot waves of fighters at close range, a big shockwave/sonic boom thingy cannon we see it shooting at larger targets (namely earth), and a bunch of other weapons you see it use for like one panel in the G2 comics and then never again. It's also got a tractor beam. In terms of size, comparing it to the Autobot shuttles and other ships around it (though keep in mind that scale in the tf universe, even the comics, is shaky at best) it's probably around the size of a large asteroid, possibly a very small moon. It's got plenty of chambers full of liquid and unicron-style defenses inside, or at least it seems to when it's merged with Starscream.

11. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

I'm going to state my opinion and say, the DC version IS the well written version. :p 

Honestly, the TF version to me just strikes as something with lots and lots of guns. Nothing wrong with that but over all, its not all that relevant while Bludgeon's in control of it, which is what it sounds like Aernaroth is implying. Now, when Starscream takes it over on the other hand...

12. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

well thank ya'll for all the help...it did help. I'll get to writeing now I guess...

13. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

From Swindle's description the War World is a mishmash of alien technology they've collected during the period of Decepticon exile.

Basically without the Autobots occupying them the Decepticons have been raiding ships and planets.

Yeah good work Prime the war may have been over but you've unleashed a horror throughout the galaxy. The war was the only thing keeping the Decepticons in check.

The War World is basically a mobile homeworld for the Decepticons. Megatron himself said he wouldn't have killed Bludgeon then and there if he knew his accomplishments.

14. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    It also contains pedestals, in case you have any skulls you'd like to put on display.

15. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I was gonna dig out my Generation 2 comics, but they're in the bottom box of a 5-box stack, so... yeah...

If writing fanfiction about the Warworld is your intent, I'd just go with whatever the G2 comics say about it and disregard any other "fanon" that's cropped up over the years. Give it any wacky ability you want; that's the fun of creating.

16. ChopperByrne

ChopperByrne Well-Known Member

It's pretty much a Death Star.