Comics Continuum Schmidt Interview-- new IDW TF news

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Beastbot X, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    Comics Continuum has put up two video interviews with IDW senior editor Andy Schmidt, the first discussing the "main" Transformers titles and the second the "movie" Transformers titles:

Interview #1

Interview #2

A few tidbits of news:

-First and foremost, an IRONHIDE limited series has been announced for the latter half of the year. Sounds like he IS dead, this just takes place prior to the ongoing.
    -Nefarious will be 6 issues, and the next movie miniseries after that will be a "very different, new take" on that universe
    -Spoiler given about issue #7 of the ongoing(highlight to read)

Megatron returns.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megs
    is back sooner than I thought. Should be interesting. Wonder if he's coming back to Earth? Still sad that Ironhide is dead.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2010
  3. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

You absolute plank....

There is a reason the OP put it in inviso text - so people dont get spoiled!

And what do you do? Oh put it as the first words of your next post. Some people really shouldnt be allowed to post. I thought you had to be over 11 to post on the boards? Or the intelligence of an over 11 year old might help.

Muppet.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sweet! Thanks Beastbot :thumb 

5. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Thanks Sol...

6. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sounds like some good stuff to me. Can't wait to read Spotlight: Prowl. I'm really looking forward to that one.

7. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i found out after i saw the first 3 letters i can see the whole name his name at the end of interview he posted

8. Grimlock25

Grimlock25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love a good rant in the morning. You do have an excellent point though.

9. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    2nd Interview : a ***** villain ? In the movie verse ?

I smell a new 'agent Simmons' with some real sabot power....

10. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Ironhide mini sounds good to me. As for the spoiler, not really that big a surprise to me.

11. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I don't know why, but I really hadn't expected him to look like that. It's odd really as I had no preset notion as to what he would look like; just not like that.

Some interesting things in those interviews. An Ironhide miniseries could be fun (I live in hope that it won't be called TRANSFORMERS: IRONHIDE; titles like that always seem lazy to me for miniseries, one-shots are a different matter), I hope that they don't resurrect him as it would deminish the first issue of the ongoing.

Megatron's return is expected as we knew that he was alive despite Starscream's best efforts in AHM: Coda. I had hoped that it would have been longer before he showed up in the ongoing, though. A spotlight on him or a miniseries about what the off-Earth Decepticons are up to would have been preferable. Yet again, six months without your major bad guy is quite a time to go.

Movieverse comics are something that I buy but I never enjoy them as much as IDW's G1 output (I buy both the single issues and the TPBs of the G1 stuff but I will only buy movie stuff the once). It always seems that they are trying to hard to not have the events of the comics swept out of canon by later movies. Maybe that's just me. If the post-Nefarious series is as different as Andy Schmidt claims it is, they might have me reviewing that opinion.

12. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

WTF, A-Shmidt? No mention of Wreckers?! Which is by far the best thing IDW comics have done in a while? Oh well. Don't care about Ironhide if he has those retarded ugly teeth and demonic burn victim robot face from Ongoing 1. If it's Guido Guidi, I'll buy it. :D 

13. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    Yeah I hope "Mr.X" gets a new form when he returns! But yeah we can expect to see the cover soon since we seen the cover of 6 already!

But I was hoping Ironhide would get a mini, he didn't do too much of anything for IDW. So after this he can stay dead or come back it wouldn't matter to me so long as he gets some attention with this new book!

I also hope consistency plays a big factor in Andy's plans with IDW!

14. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    HA! I'm literally 24 hours into starting my TF comic book habit and here I am adding another item to my list. All these comic book threads that I usually skip over are going to be exciting from now on!

A local shop had back-issues on sale for 50 cents yesterday and today so I picked up about 36 IDW Transformers comics for retarded cheap. A great way to get started.

15. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice find!

16. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

On a total side note, has anyone else noted how incredibly uncomfortable Andy looks in that interview?

Maybe it's because he's talking to a GIRL!!! :D 

zmog

17. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    It's not like that spoiler has happened before in TF fiction. It's not like it happened in the first episodes of Energon and cybertron, or TFTM, or ROTF, or at the end of season 1 of animated,...o wait

18. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I actually quite like that the comic G1 reboots (both Dreamwave and IDW's) have kept his classic alt mode. I'd be interested to see Andy Wildman's cover if it features a triumphant return for this guy.

Consistency from here on in, you mean? :lol  Correct me if I am wrong, but I think he's been the editor for Transformers for some time now and there's staying completely consistent doesn't look to have been a high priority. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, I buy, read, and enjoy IDW's G1 output despite of the screwy internal continutiy.

That's a hell of a find, mate. It cost me quite a bit to get all the TPBs when I started reading the IDW comics. And then another £80 to get Dreamwave's Generation 1 comics (granted I did get them all with multiple covers, some of them quite rare).

I had the same though! Bless him.

More seriously, though, he doesn't seem to perform all that well in interviews. In the text ones he comes across as being combative and a little irritated when people dislike stuff that he's signed off on. (I'm sure we all remember his claims that we had read "Continuum" wrong -- Vangelus certainly went over it quite a bit in the podcast. Yet again, didn't he write "Continuum"?) While in the video he looks thoroughly uncomfortable.

Random question: Does anyone know why there wasn't a readers' letters section in the ongoing's issue 3?

19. brianfett

brianfett Well-Known Member

And a very HOT girl at that!!:drool: 

20. highlander3000

highlander3000 Jump around!

News Credits:
    I hope the artwork in Ironhide makes him look better than Don has drawn him lately.