Comicon Bruticus: same as store release?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by trdkamuri51o, Jul 6, 2012.

1. trdkamuri51o

trdkamuri51o Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    from what i keep on finding online it seems (like i said seems) the transformers CC limited release bruticus is the same as the one rolling out in september from BBTS etc can anyone else confirm that the store bought ones will combine like the CC ones???

2. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yes, they are all the same mold, just different paint.

3. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Yes, they'll combine all the same.

Comic-Con Bruticus will have a game-accurate color scheme and come in one box.

Retail Bruticus will have an Energon-inspired color scheme and you'll have to buy them individually.

4. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

You forgot G2 Bruticus, who will be based off of G2 Bruticus, & will be a giftset.

5. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    It still amazes me that the game accurate version is a convention exclusive. I'd love Hasbro to justify it. It's just weird, and doesn't seem to may any sense at all!

6. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Yea it's pretty shitty. It's not like they wouldn't sell out even at $100 at retail.

7. trdkamuri51o

trdkamuri51o Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    im just looking to justify possibly paying 150 for the set from SDCC when i can get them all from BBTS or TFsource with 2 optimus and a jazz for less...

i am cheap by all means i just wanted to make sure... these are def NOT staying in the box this time..

8. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While I am not going to claim that it ABSOLUTELY makes sense that the game accurate version of Bruticus is the more difficult to obtain SDCC version, I will pose the question.... what sense does it make if it was the other way around??

Let's say, for arguments sake, that the "energon" version was the SDCC exclusive and the game accurate version was the mass release....would the SDCC exclusive sell out? It probably would eventually, and it probably would be worth slightly more than the original purchase price, but I would venture a guess that it might not sell very well at all.

The "Con Exclusive" version of a toy should be the most desirable and better version, correct? I dunno...it may suck for those who desire to get the game accurate version at retail cost, but I don't see this as unreasonable by any means. There will be many repaints and many versions of this toy available. "Collectors" of certain toy lines are much more limited than the masses that will buy mass releases....in that respect, it kinda makes sense that it would be this way :2c: 

9. Shockblaster

Shockblaster likes Kate Upton

To answer your question, it would make a lot more sense if they released FoC Bruticus at retail with his game accurate colors instead of the Energon paint scheme, because its not just collectors who will buy these figures at retail after Fall of Cybertron is released, but also people who would buy him because they are awed when they see him in the game would be expecting him in the colors that they saw he had in the game.

The Energon paint scheme would also make sense as an exclusive because it isn't mainstream but is a nod to Bruticus from Energon.

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think his point was, if Hasbro's going to release a Bruticus gift set as a SDCC exclusive, give it something that will generate actual demand and ensure a sellout (the game accurate deco).

The Energon deco doesn't make sense as a convention exclusive because even the Transformer fanbase isn't very big on the Energon series so there's little nostalgia to see that series referenced again and the general Comic Con audience won't give two shits about Energon.

We may not like it, but I agree that if they're going to release Bruticus as a SDCC exclusive, it makes sense to use the game accurate, semi-G1ish deco that collectors will prefer.

In the end I think there'd be less angst if the SDCC Bruticus deco was used for the retail release, there was no Energon deco used and no SDCC Bruticus exclusive, and the SDCC exclusive this year to go with Cliffjumper was simply something else less polarizing and more conservative (like another reissue, say a Devastator giftset).

11. Shockblaster

Shockblaster likes Kate Upton

In my opinion, they could release him in game-accurate colors both in retail and as a SDCC exclusive, with the SDCC exclusive having a more detailed paint scheme (a-la Masterpiece). In this way they could satisfy the requirement of SDCC exclusivity while at the same time having a decent representation available at retail.

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That, I think, is a more reasonable and plausible idea for pulling off both. Collectors pay more to get more (nicer deco, fancy packaging for display) while everyone else can pay standard retail for the minimum but still get something approximating a game-accurate deco.

Unfortunately, "premium" decos on exclusives vs retail releases isn't something Hasbro's shown an inclination to do. I was hoping that's what would happen with DotM Ultimate Optimus (or at least that Prime Matrix of Leadership Optimus), but unfortunately neither happened.

13. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    If I was a kid looking to get bruticus after playing the game I wouldn't understand why the toys on th shelves looked nothing like the characters from the game. Thats why Hasbro's choice makes no sense. It seems to me they're alienating their target market with this decision.

14. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    No one was forcing Hasbro to make an "Energon" version in the first place. Something else could've been a SDCC exclusive.

15. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Releasing the game accurate set as an exclusive is a dick move. What they should've done is made the SDCC release something like a Battle Gaia colour scheme. That'd still sell lots, but Hasbro wouldn't also be screwing over the rest of the world that doesn't haven access to the SDCC colour scheme.

The Energon colouration is just a dumb move. Bruticus in Energon was crap.

16. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    That would have been a nice idea. However, we've already seen Hasbro pull this stunt previously with SDCC Galactus and Sentinel. Both versions eventually made their way to retail, albeit without the SDCC packaging.

17. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I just hope I can get my hands on that Bruticus... I will be FURIOUS if I can't and will do ANYTHING to get it, even if I have to scour eBay for months.

18. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    AFAIK the Sentinel didn't.

19. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    When will the SDCC version be available and will we be able to order off of HTS again?

20. Vampyr

Vampyr Shockwave loyalist

News Credits:
    well, kids are attracted by vivid colors on toys, it's a fact, and somes parents too, seems thats make a feeling of safety about the toy.
    so, no, its not that illogic for hasbro to sell at retail the energon colored one
    on the contrary, the research for a product more accurate and faithfull to his game incarnation, have high probability to be the goal for adult collectors, with a nice packaging of course
    since we are only a little part of their market, it is logic that they choose to make a accurate version an exclusive

the only real problem is the conditions for this
    if it was a target or toys rus promotional choice, no one would have complained i guess, sadly it was programmed on the SDCC list, so yeah, most people cant pay the price for this kind of exclusives.

I'll wait to see the takara version, there is good chance that it comes in his games colors, at a better price than the SDCC one.