Comic identification help, please!

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by SAF7, Mar 24, 2010.

1. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, so I'm sort of getting back into comics, and I would like some help finding the name of a comic I used to have as a kid. It was an Iron Man comic, and what I can remember from it is that Iron Man was pretty messed up, but he had to stop the Mandarin (who I think was in a giant dragon ship).

If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it!

2. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Just going out on a limb here, Iron Man. But I assume a specific issue. So I'll probably go with Iron man #312-314. It was a 6 part story that crossed into Force Works and War machine called "Hands of the mandarin". It started when Rhodes and Stark got into a fight and continued.

Either that or issue 275 which was the last part of Dragon seed. But I can't remember what happened in that.

3. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, I don't think those are it, as the covers aren't familiar. I don't think it would be an ending issue because, if I remember correctly, the comic ended with a cliffhanger-type ending. Come to think of it, the Mandarin may have only appeared at the end, with Iron Man just getting inside the ship before collapsing.

Thanks anyway, though! :) 

4. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I'd say your best bet then is to find an Iron man cover gallery and find the familiar ones

5. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I think I remember that story line. It had Fing Fang Foom in it and made him part of an alien race of dragons who crashed on earth years ago. The rings the mandrin uses were part of the navigation system for the alien dragons ship. Tony was suffering from his nervous system failing and had some sort of skin tight suit to keep him moving. He went to china because there some super nerological scientist there. In the end he and Jim team up with the Mandrian to fight the dragons and mandrin loses his hands.
    I believe, dont quote me, the arc was in the higher end of the 270s since it was before Tony made the War Machine armor and "died"
    EDIT: Sorry, ment high 260s-low 270s. Heres a little synopsis I found:
    Or it could be this arc:
    Hope that helps

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  6. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    check out this site Cover Browser you might find what your looking for there

7. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got it! It's Iron Man(1998) #9. Thanks for the help, guys, I really appreciate it :thumb