Comic Continuity question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Renidragon, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

My mom sent me 4 copies of Infiltration #4 (4 different covers, she probably didn't realize they were all the same issue), which got me really interested in that series. So far, I've only picked up the Spotlight Volume 2 TPB, but I'm interested in the whole story.

So, only expecting to buy one book to continue my reading, I faced a conundrum at the bookstore I visited today. They had all three Spotlight TPBs I'm missing (Volumes 1 and 3, plus Revelations), Stormbringer, and Volumes 1-3 of All Hail Megatron. Entirely unsure of what to get, I opted not to get any, and ask about them later (this, fortunately, freed up some cash to pick up ROTF Bludgeon and Dirge, so lucky call on my part!).

I'd like to get to the beginning of the story and start there. Does it start with Infiltration? Or does All Hail Megatron fit into the story somehow? The art looks like it does, but while flipping through, I noticed at least one character who got slagged in the Infiltration #4 I have to be alive and well. Of course, said character was also alive in one of the Spotlights in the Volume 2 TPB I have, also.

So when I go out hunting for a TPB again, what should I look for if I want to get to a good starting point for this story? Should I start with Infiltration, or maybe AHM? Is Stormbringer a part of it, or something entirely seperate?

Comics are so confusing sometimes. Of course, I'm a comic newbie - Infiltration #4 is the first comic I've ever owned, and Spotlight Volume 2 is the first TPB I've ever read (well, unless you count the Death of Superman, but that was a hardcover book, and... well, probably a different ballgame).

2. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
  3. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

4. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    no problem, when I started the comics, I fell into the same boat of where the spotlights were placed.

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The wonders of the IDW confusion. They really should've just started with issue #1 and went from there, not taking any (or so many) jaunts sideways. Even the Ongoing has stuff going on in separate Minis.