Comic books/Videogames/Books: Canon or not?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by protocida, Jul 4, 2009.

1. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Transformers movie franchise has it's own line of Comic books, Videogames, Books and etc.

In it, several Autobots and Decepticons not present in the movies we're featured, like:

Prowl.
    Breakaway.
    Wheeljack.
    Cliffjumper.
    Camshaft.
    Cosmos.
    Hound.
    Tailbreaker.
    Warpath.
    Shockwave.
    Wreckage.
    Nightbeat.
    Dreadwing.
    Hardtop.

Etc.

Many of them, like Hound, Shockwave, Wreckage, Camshaft and Cliffjumper, are alredy dead and can't appear anymore. Basicly, My question is:

Should those vehicles be considered "Canon" and respected withim the limits of the movies or not?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The problem with Transformers continuity is that, even if you only assume Hasbro licensed products to be canon, there are numerous inconsistencies and things that don't make a whole lot of sense.

Basically, it might be best to assume that everything is canon, unless it is contradicted by a more major source. That is, if Movie Prowl appears in TF3 and is completely different from the comics, the movie supercedes the comics, I would think. Unless you want to start thinking of absolutely everything as parallel universes where some things overlap.

3. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Anything that isn't directly in the movies is not canon. Why? Because they're not reading all the comics/books/games etc and can overwrite them at any point.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    While we are on this subject...was there ever an explanation given in regards to the first movie line's Arcee, which of course was based on the design they had for her for the film before she got replaced with Ironhide, and the Arcee triplets in Revenge of the Fallen?

5. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

Arcee's original design was her Cybertronian form. Her Earth motorcycle form never existed. Instead, it was a Cybertronian motorcycle with rubber wheels. It made no sense to me, personally. This was shown in the Eeign of Starscream comic.

6. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

On the subject of the Transformer: Defiance/Prequel/Reign of Starscream/Alliance Titles they're their to answer set-up question from the films/introduction of characters and detailed subjects that were only in film short-exposition on the subject

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    in my opinino the games arent canon but the Prequel Books, and the comic books are cannon

8. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    As I understood it the more proportional and bulky look was replaced with the slender wheel unifoot look seen in the movie when she went for the combination retrofit (in the prequel comics for the movie taking place before the launching of the Allspark (Vengeace) she is still seen in the TF1 Arcee body)