Comic book Ratchet and Ironhide question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Kup-is-Dion, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

I picked up the Titan trade paperbacks today "New Order" and "Cybertron Redux"
    These cover issues 7-18 of the original TF comic. I also have the first issue of the series that came with Anniversary Prime. My question is do they ever explain, in issues 2-6, the dramatic difference in appearance for Ratchet and Ironhide, or do they just go from looking like a pair of well armed sleds to looking like a proper robot by magic?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  2. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

No. The toys were headless and weird looking, so the illustrator (sorry I forgot his name) probably wanted to give them a more human look.

3. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Magic.

IIRC, there is no explanation. The REAL explanation is that the cartoon versions started to be used in the comics at that point, to maintain continuity, but as for "in comic" explanation, no.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    ^ That.

The first two issues use toy designs for all (or most) characters. From issue 3 onwards, the cartoon designs get used instead. No explanation is given.