Comic Book Artist That You Dislike

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Razerwire, Mar 8, 2010.

1. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    This idea literally sent chills down my spine.

2. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Completely forgot about JRJr, I guess that's how much I hate him. I don't even consider him an artist. He isn't. I believe he said somewhere in the Ang Lee Hulk special features (might have been Daredevil) that he doesn't consider himself to have an art style, that his art style is "a deadline style."

That is an absolute slap in the face to me as an artist. As someone who spent years trying to find a style I can call mine (rather than mimicking the styles of my favorites).

I wouldn't doubt that I can draw actual boxes in costumes and they wouldn't look as boxy as his stuff.

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    You know, I actually felt the same way. I was never a fan of his on Spider-man and his Iron Man looked like a brick as well. But somehow he grew on me. That and he's a hell of a nice guy.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    - Stuart Sayger
    - Pat Lee
    - Rob Liefeld

5. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's an absolute mess all of the time.
    Thankfully his run on Ultimate FF was a short one.

The majority of his work he uses shadows and covers the 'art' in black. Does mean we don't have to look at the horrendous of it.

6. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Rob Liefeld and Greg Land should not have jobs in the comic industry.

Really. Liefeld has literally no ability to draw feet or correct proportions, and Land...we all know his main problem, but he is also wildly inconsistent across a book because of it. One character should not blatantly change hairstyle 5 times in a single issue.

I have seen better artists on freaking Deviantart who aren't working in the industry.

- Coeloptera

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    Land should be a cover artist and that's it. I really like his work but like others, not a fan of his copying. So let him make beautiful covers like Greg Horn.

And someone mentioned Horn, I like him as well. He not only is a hell of a nice guy but does some really really spectacular pieces. His Baroness for the GIJoe show this year was gorgeous. I have a few pieces by him. And he recently changed his style. It's grittier and darker. My buddy and I were surprised at his Guy Gardner cover for GLC.