comic book/Amazon.com help

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OrionsBelt, Jul 31, 2011.

1. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

Those who are familiar with the movie comics (Alliance, Tales of the Fallen, Nefarious, etc,) and using amazon.com, how would I know if I'm getting the actual comic, or a rip off? I've had bad experiences in the past, just to let you know.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Russian fan

Russian fan Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I buy comics directly from IDW Publishing (for example https://shop.idwpublishing.com/comics/series/transformers/dark-of-the-moon.html). It's more expensive, but they are delivered to any location and they seem to be original (with original stamp IDW on the package) Very pleased - well packed, comes quickly.
    I don't like Amazon.com, once I have ordered a Leader Jetfire from there. Box was VERY narrow and was too close to the original packaging. Box was rumpled in the post service and dent was on the open place of the box (where "try me"), and white film from the wrapper remained on Jetfire's face... I deleted it, but with difficulty. Since then, I stay away from Amazon.com

3. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    So far I had good experiences with Amazon but I only bought a few things and they were all good.

4. OrionsBelt

OrionsBelt Well-Known Member

I mostly have had good results from them, and I have a great deal going through one of their credit cards, but twice I got things that were a real hassle to return. Once was a movie I paid for new, but when I got it, I knew it was used, and then I bought a comic book from them before, but all I got was the cover, which I thought was BS!

Thanks Russian Fan, and I had no idea I could order directly from IDW. I wonder why my local comic book store never told me......

5. Russian fan

Russian fan Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I has a little experience at Amazon.com, perhaps that case was an exception. Sometimes this shop is the only way. The most annoying thing in it is that it does not send the most of orders to Russia. I have to communicate with my American friends, who generally do not understand anything in Transformers :)