Come work for TFsource!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Zoltaire, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Zoltaire

Zoltaire TFsource Emissary

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    We’re looking for a skilled designer that is passionate about Transformers, and can bring some flavor to the already exciting TFsource team. The work time is flexible, anywhere from 1-4 projects a month, and although this is posted publically, we prefer an active member of the TFW2005 boards. Your design and creative needs to be top notch, you have to know and love the toys just as much as we do, and you have to be able to do both creative and production level artwork as we’re not hiring two people. It is a freelance type position, but with lots of perks, and besides, who said you can’t love what you do at work? We at TFsource do! We have our first project posted here at Crowdspring, but you can submit your rate sheet/portfolio directly to us as well at: curt@tfsource.com

crowdSPRING / Projects / Website Design / Ad banner / TFsource.com - Transformers Toys Advertising Banners + Production Artwork for Multiple Websites / details
    (The current Crowdspring project ends Septemeber 9th)

Anyone interested should look at the project on crowdspring and be able to show off their skills with a submit as it's a challenging project, but if you can deliver on that it shows that you can deliver on any project TFsource is likely to offer. Your ideas will not be used unless chosen, and if chosen as the best option, you'll get the $300 bounty to start.

*Note - please do not post questions here as they will not be answered. Please send questions/comments to Curt at curt@tfsource.com.

Position:
    Designer – Freelance

Projects (not all inclusive):
    • Print Ads
    • Banner Ads
    • Website elements
    • Convention Promotions
    • Print Promotions
    • Many others

Pay:
    Rate sheet per job required, pay is distributed monthly, once all deliverables of a project are met

Anywhere worldwide, so long as you have access via MSN, google talk, or skype and are available online frequently at night.

Benefits & perks:
    • Pay as agreed upon per project
    • You get to get paid to work with TF’s, how freakin’ cool is that?
    • An integral part of the small but dedicated TFsource team
    • Expenses covered trip to Botcon every year (granted you are in the US, non-US residents will be subsidized)
    • Discounts on all TFsource merchandise

Become a fan of TFsource on Facebook! We've spent years building TFsource into an online resource for TF fans, and now we have created a page on facebook for our fans. We'll keep you updated on new releases and TF info, as well as any contests or promo's we run, some of which will be exclusively through facebook.

Also we want to hear from you, what do you like about TFsource and what can we improve. So log into facebook and become a fan of TFsource today!
    [​IMG]

Why go to the store when you can go to the SOURCE!

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I'd like to apply for the job, but...

1) I'm only just getting started in a web design program in college, and I don't feel that confident in getting a job just yet.

2) I only have a Yahoo Messenger account. I'd get Skype, but I'm afraid of jacking up my internet bill to the point where I am unable to afford it.

3) I am online just about every single day, providing that I'm not attending classes or doing chores on my family's farm. As to being online at night, I'm only online up until about 9 or 10 PM.

I just showed this post to my mom. She insists I apply, that a job is a job. I'm just not sure whether I should or not, seeing I only know the basics in web graphics (so far I only took the first of 3-4 web graphics courses in my program).

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I have a really good buddy that's into web design and also a pretty big transformers fan. I'll forward this info along to him and see if he's interested.

4. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sounds awesome but just a few questions.

When you say active member of tfw2005 does it matter if they have been around for a few months compared to others who have been around for years?

What do you want in the portfolio? Do you want just mock ups and past adverts? I've done a few banners before but will artwork also be worth entering?

5. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

Damn, if only I had some skills... :lol 

6. TFaddiction

TFaddiction Banned

I just wish they would ship my g3 trailer

7. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

Just taken on a whole new batch of freelance work, but I might have a pop at this as well. Heck, who needs sleep? ;) 

8. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You'll be fine Blitz, you've been quite active since you joined in January.

I'd go for it but I don't have the art talent (perspective is off) and I just seem to lack the patience nowadays.

Good luck to everyone who applies, sounds like a lot of fun.

9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i would love this job. i know some photoshop (i can make sigs and banners and stuff like that) and i am very active on here. and hell, work involving transformers equals win for me

sadly i don't think they would hire me, since i really don't got past experience working on other websites and stuff and i am only 17

proof of my activeness: 2,303 post since march? need i say more :lolol 

i'll probably apply, but i need to know what to do on the profolio.....that botcon trip alone got me wanting to apply

10. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    sounds really cool. I don't know if I have the skills though.

11. Lennox

Lennox Wooo.

News Credits:
    I am so insanely interested in this opportunity. I think I have the talent required and am going to jump at the chance, but I have no idea what appropriate rates would be (IE, asking for too much/little).

12. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    hmmm I could actually put this damn design degree to work as opposed to handing out free logo and DVD cover designs.

13. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Hmmmmmmmmm.

14. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    I got alot of experience, but lack confidence in my abilities.

I got graphics certificates and whatnot, but due to the fact "I know nobody", I'm as good as not hired lol

Oh well.

I don't really have a portfolio (never made one), wouldn't truly know where to begin with it.

15. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    i would........ but y'know, being 14 and all my skills arent quite there.and not to mention i dont have a pad for the computer(getting one october/september!)

16. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Darn. I wish I had more experience. I've had my degree for a while but just never get the chance to do any work to hone any skills. I can do production work and put stuff together but fully created from scratch stuff is my weak point.

17. thedeadmatrix

thedeadmatrix Well-Known Member

That is so awsome i wish i was old enough

18. Beemer

Beemer Well-Known Member

I'm very interested. I'll work on putting together some TF-related stuff tonight and hopefully have a packet to submit tomorrow. And before you ask, NO, I'm not THAT Beamer... the unbelievably talented artist. I'm just the guy who picked the same SN and promptly didn't use it for about three years.

19. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Color me interested.

20. iceclimber

iceclimber Well-Known Member

"We're looking for a good, no great designer"

Stopped caring after reading the first sentence with a spelling error. Don't want to work for no cannon man.