Comcast to Netflix: Pay us more or we will block your traffic.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Smasher, Dec 2, 2010.

1. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    It's interesting how Comcast's purchase of NBC is still under federal review and while Comcast denies the fears of those opposed to the merger, they go ahead and fulfill part of the reason why such a deal should not be permitted.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I still don't understand why internet is not just regulated like phone, electricity, etc. Why do those utilities always charge for what you use, yet the internet has this antiquated model of allocated usage "or we'll cut you off".

Could you imagine what would happen if the same logic was applied to electricity or heating? I feel it should be a single flat rate, no extra charges for exceeding the hidden limit or reduced service / speed for using too much. You pay for what you use, and any shortfall from casual users who only browse the web is made up for by the pirates and filesharers who download 1'000s of GB at a go. Guys like us pay the same as always because I honestly consider the gaming and occasional film through netflix to be "standard" use.

3. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Not gonna get into the politics of it all, but it's two different parties (government and the current private sector) fighting for more control, and there are severe downsides to both. It's a "whoever wins, we lose" situation. No one wants to, you know, leave it as it is. Which has been working fine for the most part. With the exception that American ISPs are not keeping up with Asia with data speeds at the customer premises.

4. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Eh, I have Directv and Sprint 4g for internet.

5. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Comcast blows. I dropped their sorry asses the minute Verizon ran their FIOS lines in my area.

Comcast has THE worst customer service I've ever experienced; and on the most consistent level I've ever experienced.

And to anyone who isn't aware; if you have "Xfinity" you have Comcast.

F-U, Shaq-Fu!