Comcast giving away free HDMI

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by MegaPrime33, Nov 21, 2008.

1. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Well apparently if you have a tech setting up your HD tv, if you ask him or her for an hdmi cable, they will give it to you FOR FREE!

I for one must have gotten screwed, because Comcast sent their Circuit City techs to my house, to which they preceded to tell me that an HDMI cable would be $40.

Me being the wise man I am, already bought one from monoprice for like 3 bucks, but wanted to see if I could get one for free.

Try it out, see if it works!

Dealzmodo: Comcast Gives Away Free HDMI Cables (If You Ask)

2. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Good thing Comcast gave me a cable box that has component and DVI only after we specifically asked that it has HDMI. That one was broke and the lady at Comcast had no clue what I was talking about when I went to switch it out. Cheap DVI to HDMI and optical audio for me.

Also, I really hate home installation. I'd much rather just do it myself (we waited until they had self install kits for Digital Cable), theres so many things hooked into my tv that its a jungle that only I understand.