Combiners

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by hotrod54, May 7, 2012.

1. hotrod54

hotrod54 Banned

Why is it that the Decepticons have the best g1 combiner teams? I mean, Superion is kinda weak and uninteresting. His main color scheme is white. Same with Defensor. Just plain and boring. Maybe it is because Defensor was never in the cartoon much? Bruticus and Menasor have interesting characters and each one seems to have thier own distinct personality. And the Constructicons are the originals and are construction vehicles, which made them different. Anyone have a case to make for Superion or Defensor? In my opinion, they should be melted down into tutonium.

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'll make a case.

Superion was really the first team of flying Autobots. Because of their unique ability they are a valuable part to the Autobot team and are given important tasks other Autobots cannot do. They were given an entire episode in the G1 cartoon where their characters were established with some in depth development to a few of the members. Superion's color scheme may be a base white, but Devastator's colors are just as bland with a base green and not much else.

As with all things though, it's a matter of personal preference. I don't think the Decepticons have the BEST combiner teams, I believe it's much more evenly distributed.

3. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think It's because the Decepticon utilize Combiners to the best of the abilities.

4. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Because kids probably would pass on them, because they were bad guys. But when the bad guys have the cooler teams, you have to get them ;) 

5. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Defensor also had an episode about the Protectobots. i believe it showed that they have personality and how one limb can seriously screw up a fight for one side. more-so First-Aid though because he didn't want to fight but ironically was the arm/fist.

now i will agree with you on Bruticus. he has more "individualized" colors. and each of his counterparts have very unique personalities (some more than others). Brawl wants to fight, Swindle loves dealing and whatnot, Onslaught likes fighting but loves to make stratagems, and from what i can tell from the episodes Bruticus is in, Blast-Off is cautious, and i believe Vortex likes to boast. now, i'm not saying Bruticus is one of the best combiner teams cause i love him, but if you think about it, he and his counterparts seem to have the most personality.

6. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i want see proctobots 's back story - how they created

7. hotrod54

hotrod54 Banned

I like Menasor alot myself. Just because I like Motormaster . But, I would have to say that if we are talking all time best combiner, it is Bruticus. Hey, lets do a vote!!

Best combiner team??

My vote is Bruticus

8. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i like raiden
    6 trainbots form / unite in raiden and he from japanese headmaster cartoon series

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The Decepticons had to have an advantage somehow?

10. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    the decepticons have dinoking and liokaiser

they get all the cool shit

11. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I love Bruticus/Combatacons as they are my favorit but when it comes to combiners, nothing beats the awesomeness that is Piranacon.

12. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

autobots got road ceasar and land cross in tf victory

13. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I always liked Superion and Computron. I like the Constructicons, Combaticons, and Stunticons too though.

14. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Personally, I always have a soft spot for Defensor, but I guess it's to make the Decpeticons seems that much more powerful by comparison so that a victory over them seems that much more impressive.

15. cosmic rod

cosmic rod Death Activator

Yeah, I think it has to do with making the villian more badass so the heroes have to face insurmountable odds to win and all.

16. caecae22

caecae22 Fifth Face of Darkness

Twitter:
    Because if you think about it the decepticons always have the cooler characters i mean for example soundwave is a lot cooler than his autobot counterpart blaster its the same story for nearly every match up.

17. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How many of the Scramble Combiners were made before Transformers started anyway?

Maybe it's just a case that most of the alt modes of the combiners that already existed were more Decepticon-ish.

18. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    110% this. I was looking at my collection the other day and the 'cons have the much better alt modes, more variation and overall better look. The Autobots are literally all just cars and that's kinda boring.....only the Dinobots rival the Decepticon's really in that stake.

19. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    True but remeber autobots get bigger autobots such as metroplex and omega supreme