1. henderson2k11

henderson2k11 Well-Known Member

How would you like combiners implemented in the show? I personally want the combined form to be a huge energon consumer so it couldn't be used every episode for the littlest thing.

2. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

i posted this before on the thread Could Mech be Building, but this thread is more to do with combiners so here is my theory...

Since we kno that there's gonna be a combiner (or so I read ...) I think mech are building the stunticons , namely Menasor
    This is because they have operated on breakdown (and he is one of the stunticons already) plus mech has got optimus prime scans (in ep convoy) they will prob build a motormaster based of the optimus info they got from scanning him.
    Finally they have seen arachnid scan the helicopter and mech will prob find a way of replicating this and then scan four vehicles and a truck for the Stunticons

This makes sense to me from the data that mech have collected

3. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    Source?

Breakdown is not "one of the Stunticons" in Prime. If this does pan out, that would be interesting, but there is nothing yet on the show that says he is.

4. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

how do you kno he's not one of the stunticons, they haven't mentioned that he's not either

5. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    If there is a combiner, I hope that the team that forms it isn't too big, say about three or four individuals as oppose to six or seven. That way there's more characterization and development between them, and collectors don't have to invest as much money in toys of the individual characters. Oh wait, who am I kidding? If there is a combiner group in Prime Hasbro will only make a toy of one or two of it's components and then treat us to 'Nigt Ops Bumblebee', 'Desert Recon Optimus Prime' and 'Pointless Redeco Starscream...:rolleyes2 

Anyway, I'm not fussy about which combiner they put in the show, but personally I'd love to see a completely new combiner unique to Prime. The Constructicons and the Airielbots are cool and all, but there's nothing wrong with some new faces here and there, as Airachnid has proven.

6. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    He's not giving off a stunticon vibe, IMHO.

7. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I don't think MECH is going to make a combiner, not of robots anyway. I honestly feel these're gonna be transforming Mech-suits.

And what, praytell, is the Stunticon "vibe" in this new continuity?

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want it to be some kind of freak experiment that destroys their mental ability each time they do it.

9. Saberfrost01

Saberfrost01 元ロボ ダイユーシャ

The last time we saw something like that happen Hasbro denied it ever occured.

10. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I gave this question some thought and yes, I would like to see a combiner group, but something new and different.

11. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

I would actually like to see Optimus Prime have a combiner partner, if not now, then maybe in the future when he gets a new body. Maybe someone like Ultra Magnus or Wingsaber, but not Jetfire because all the Jetfire toys look tacky when combined with Optimus Prime.

12. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    I can't tell if you're referencing the Dinobots' "Beast" or something else.

13. henderson2k11

henderson2k11 Well-Known Member

i wouldn't mind this, but i still want a high energon consumption so they can't use it for every little thing (i.e. tf:energon, cybertron)

14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Seeing how Transformers Prime has a lot of connections towards Exodus and Exiles there's a strong chance that they may appear in season 2 like the creators said.It also can give a good backstory for them since it was Shockwave who invented them.

15. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    Well, sort of. It was Shockwave's experiments that made modern combiners, but it is heavily likely that he was influenced by the stories of Nexus Prime, the "first combiner". So if anything, he could've just "reawakened" the combiner potential in the species.

16. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That's true.But the origin in the books still gives a good backstory for the combiners if they do appear in the show.

17. Karhukjnsi

News Credits:
    Indeed, I appreciate it for good ol' fashioned teams that make only ONE bot. I like the new concept of "orignal" combiners introduced in Exiles, how Nexus had the power to make any number of bots combine (Superlink anyone?), so it's sort of an innate ability in ALL transformers. But guys like the Combaticons forced together with Shockwave's experiments create only ONE Bruticus.

I used to dislike combiners, but with what they're doing with them (both "naturally" with Nexus or "artificial" with Shockwave) I've grown to appreciate the concept.

I remember I was thinking/hoping that combiners would be explained by: only certain Cybertronians could combine, and when they came from the Well of All Sparks, they would come out 5 at a time (or whatever number it takes for the gestalt), and they share a piece of ONE spark. Buuuuut I'm still enjoying what we were given.

18. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I would rather not have combiners appear, I think I'd go the the idea I suggested in a previous thread:

Do not have a full 5 member team appear. Instead only have one or two components show up. The rest of the team doesn't appear because they were killed in battle long before. The surviving member(s) could have some PTSD-like condition, due to no longer being able to combine, being alone in their own head instead of merging their thoughts with the others during combination, etc.

19. Robimus Major

Robimus Major Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Nexus Prime himself turn up.

20. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    My personal feeling is to assume he is not until told otherwise - Breakdown is one of the more common Transformer names anyway, and there's not been Stunticons since Generation 1 in any case.

Re: the possibility of MECH making a combiner, I could see something using a tanker truck of some sort as the body, plus the cars / helicopters as limbs. Effectively what we saw with Power Core Combiners where the limbs are drones, except in this case, it's just generic MECH vehicles.

The benefits are two-fold - first, it saves on developing new character models / toy sculpts for five robots. Second, if a toy happens, it gets the MECH cars and copters out onto the market.