Combiners in Animated Series?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Hotspot17, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    I'm really starting to warm up to the Animated Series. I was at Botcon this year when they announced it. But didn't see any combiners/gesalts? Sort of surprised since a good number of people are interested in these sort of things? Thoughts? Ideas?

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Probably too early to know much at this point, but I sure wouldn't rule it out.

3. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    It would be cool if the did some classic G1's and some whole new ones.

4. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I am willing to bet they introduce it down the road of the series though I know I am going to cringe once I see the designs just like I do when I see others shots and animations of it. Grrr that is still frustrating.

5. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    That would be quite acceptable IMO. be an interesting animatic considering the nature of the designs, has lots of potential to be crappy. So they would need to put thought into it.

6. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Would like to see their concept of the combiners, so expect some cringe fest, then the warm up to it fest.

7. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    The way I look at it they have made some good toys for animated and as close to the show as any before them. These are the same people who made the alts right so they should be able to make some good looking combiners.

8. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Didn't they say at botcon they currently had one combiner in the works, only they wouldn't clear up whether it was for Animated or Classics 2.0?

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I can't remember hearing that, but I would not be surprised. I hope we get something like Rail Racer, I've always loved that kind of combiner. Animated's aesthetic would really work for this, too. The slightly more exaggerated proportions would mean a couple of bulky bots who split up to make arms and legs wouldn't be so obvious as in a line like RiD.

I'd love to see a gestalt like Defensor done this way. Given the Autobots are all about repair and rescue in Animated, Defensor would fit right in. I also still think Abominus would be a fantastic choice too. He could be done with 3-4 guys, Cutthroat making the wings, arms and the head (giant robot face in Cutthroat's bird mouth?), Hun-grrr / Sinnertwin making up the bulk of the body and upper legs, then Rippersnapper and Blot, or just one depending on the execution, could form the lower legs.

I'd love to see that done as a boxed set. I seriously think that is the only way we'll see a combiner from here on out - if you buy it all as one thing in a box. IMO it works for Hasbro since they sell it on the "you're getting 3 robots for $30 who combine into one big robot" as well as the "everything you need to make the super robot is included in this box" line. Seems to be better than "buy the three individual toys, except one is sold out and one isn't out yet"

10. Hotspot17

News Credits:
    Yeah, i don't remember if they mentioned it or not at Botcon. But can't see them passing on that idea. And it would be interesting to see a combiner in animated scheme. I hope...

And yeah, would love to have a Defensor set!!!

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Come on Stunticons.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I remember hearing that Devastator was going to be in it at some point. Personally, I'm hoping for an Animated Computron, as he's one that hasn't had any attention in a looong time.

13. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    :music  Raven ur sig is fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I really hope we get a devistator combinor in the series

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Thanks :D . I do remember them also saying something about a combiner that they were planning for the future, but, I'm not sure if it's the Animated Devastator that I heard was going to be a part of the show/toy line.

15. ActionMasterZod

ActionMasterZod LarzArz on twitter, man.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, I would love to see them do that.
    5-6 figures combining into an awsome animated combiner.

Or classics combiner.

And I agree on having someone else instead of devs. Superion would be great.

16. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

wasn't rid the last time we saw a full combiner--all different sculpts of at least 3 'bots?the energon guys only used 3 molds per set,as i recall.
    i want the combaticons,if we're voting...

17. Hotspot17

News Credits:
    Again, I'll take any combiners! Doesn't matter! Just give me something!

18. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Energon combiner teams were 3 molds per team, but they reused each limb guy twice in different colours.

19. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

That was always one of the things I loved about the G1 era, I mean not only do you have 5 or 6 awesome toys but put them altogether and you get one giant robot, seriously any new ones as long as there not done horribly like the energon ones were would be great.

20. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I don't know how hip Hasbro would be to doing a combiner like the Energon ones were done. I know I had a hell of a time hunting down one or two of the limbs. I'd rather a 3 in 1 or 4 in 1 box-set. Only have to find one thing, and then you can be a bit more creative in varying the sizes and whatnot. You aren't locked into 2 or 4 scouts and a deluxe. You could have a Mega/Voyager sized guy, and then some smaller pieces maybe Headmaster/Breastmaster guys.