Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by seali_me, Aug 17, 2015.
I just used mp car hands. well will be
I loved kinder eggs when I was 6, I love when I'm 36. Great looking mods. Inspiring
Thanks for your explanations! I just performed the wrist modification this weekend. For those that may be looking to do the same here's a little more description.
The wrists molded to the forearm are square in shape, with about 1-2mm of easy, soft plastic at each side. When cutting about that much in on either side, that plastic in the middle is a lot more brittle and harder. Took more force to get my xacto knife through and when it did it somewhat shattered through the arm. Nothing a little super glue didn't fix. Then find some sort of straight piece, drill a hole into the wrist and arm then it's nice to have a wrist swivel now!
For those interested in attempting a waist mod...
UM mods from TF x TW-Design
It's not in English, but there's enough pictures to convey the steps required.
He certainly looks better. Now that I have my own, I appreciate these mods that much more.
The lack of wrists, and Magnus' inability to look down really bug me on this figure.
How about ankle tilts next?
I've been playing video games so much I forgot about this mod.
I did mine differently. I used the existing plastic reinforcements to put a peg.
SMOG, I'll think about the ankle tits. That's borderline 3P at that point.
Oh and SMOG, here he is looking down.
Stronger grip: apply Future on joints.
i imagine magnus saying "good doggy"
Magnus will be mine this Friday. Wonderful mods. Wrist swivels and the neck mod will be my time well spent this weekend. Thank Seali!
Seali, can you post a photo or explain a bit more about the way your wrist peg is connected? Did you still a hole in the wrist and hand? How does each side of the peg connect to stay stable? I'm so close here!
Cutting the waist.
- again score rather than putting pressure while
- beware that the front of the waist area has two small indents that may affect how straight your cut is. score off those small indents first before scoring all sides.
- once done the vertical support beam still supports both halves of magnus.
- unscrew then cut the support beam as flush as you can
- Drill hole on the belt side as close as possible to the lone screw.
- Make sure to fit the shelf peg with enough friction. Goal is have enough friction so your articulation is not loose.
- while pegged in, cut excess plastic while aligning the cut itself on the where the belt breaks into two halfs. This while ensure that your shelf peg aligns itself accurately once you glue it on the crotch area.
- Now you need to fit the shelf peg into the crotch area and will need to cut the sides of it in order to get it all the way in.
Shelf support vs self peg
Once done it should look like this.
- remember the aligned cut on the shelf peg? that will now help you align it on the crotch section ensuring flawless transformation.
- another cut is involved to secure the shelf peg on the crotch area. You'll notice a support beam located inside it and you will need two vertical cuts to help it settle in the crotch to be exact.
- make sure everything is flush as if the shelf peg did not exist in between the belt and crotch piece.
-refit then glue it on.
It should look like this afterwards.
- drill a hole to accomdate a screw
It should look like this.
- make a bigger hole on the top side on the belt to accomomdate a stopper.
- I took the excess plastic and made screwed it to the shelf peg and it should look like this.
- when articulating the friction on the bottom hole holds the peg while the bigger hole on top let's the stopp move around freely but hold the entire bottom half of magnus.
when done everything should look like this and still transformable.
I don't have him at the moment will try get more pics.
Thank you so much, sir, for the write up and pics for adding waist articulation.
Out of curiosity, when you remove the shoulder screws in the back on the original, what do you get?
Thinking of either swapping Platinum and Takara shoulder fronts (I have both figures coming in) or maybe getting ambitious and creating a shapeways shoulder front.
Separate names with a comma.