Combiner Wars, Titans Return, Power of the Primes.... And BEYOND.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deathzero23, Oct 12, 2017 at 2:36 AM.

1. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What do you think Has-Tak has still in store for their fans after PotP?

It seems starting from Combiner Wars line and ending with PotP, it's like they're "Giving it all".
    They gave real Combiner Teams, Headmasters, Sixshot, Fortmax, Trypticon, Sharkticon, even the freakin' clones, etc. And now incoming and evolving Hot Rod to Rodimus, Orion Pax figure, Dinobots, Predacons, Abominus, etc.

They're like spoiling the fanbase throughout these 3 lines.
    And I'm thinking if there's still more left in their tanks after PotP.

I haven't bought much TF toys this much.

The last time i bought much was in Universe 2.0 & Generations line.
    Then 3 figures from Thrilling 30 & not more than 5 from Classic line.
    Kinda skipped 2/3 of the Combiner Wars due to personal issues and bounce back by back-tracking CW Wheelie, Ultra Magnus & Bruticus. Titans Return came and bought BB, Gnaw, Sixshot, the real 4 autobot headmasters and now Siege of Cybertron set due to the takara mold of PM Prime.

Does Hasbro still have aces left up in their sleeves?

2. Chris Bot

Chris Bot AutoChrisbot

News Credits:
    Yaaaass Queen Bumblebee!

My wallet is sore from buying all these recent GHUGs and movie figures. And I just barely started getting into masterpieces, so thats gonna be fun trying to get older figures that never got officially releaed here in the U.S. Stop making so many awesome toys HASTAK, gaw!

As for what to do after PotP? I dunno man, they've pretty much hit the wall with what to update from G1. Combiners, Headmasters, Targetmasters, Citybots, Powermasters, Pretenders, etc. Whats left other than the handful of characters they haven't gotten around to like Omega Supreme and Scorponok? I wouldn't mind a new properly spherical supreme class Unicron that puts the Armada figure to shame, though.

I guess they could get into doing the anime only characters from Masterforce and Victory and the like. Or maybe going full in to the IDW comics?

3. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    With the lack of product right before the holidays it seems like they are having trouble to me.

4. Toadimus Prime

Toadimus Prime Mostly harmless.

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'd lay money on Unicron showing up somewhere in the next line. His appearance in the IDW comics is a big tip off, and he's an obvious Titan candidate.

As to the toys - the remaing head/targetmasters seem good candidates, perhaps with micromasters/actionmasters thrown in at the titanmaster/legends price point, and a return to base modes for the leaders. They'd scale well with Unicron too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I would guess the next line will finish off the head/target/power masters. I hope the next two titans are Scorponok and Omega Supreme, both would make sense in a another head master line.

I would go out on a limb and guess voyagers in the next line would largely be triple changers with an animal mode, so we would get ape face (optimus Primal retool) snap dragon (Megatron retool) and double dealer.

Leaders I have little to go on, maybe Deathsaur, star sabre if we don't get him in this line, I want a few big cons to even out the numbers, another Galvatron would be nice, shock wave is always on the list, Thunderwing is so needed, I can't come up with any reason for them, they are just the biggest gaps in can think of.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017 at 7:58 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

We know they're giving us Apeface at least, and presumably Snapdragon would follow

Aside from that Scorponok, Deathsaurus and Star Saber are the next ones in dire need of an update

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

We know they are giving us apeface?

8. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Yeah, they've blatantly hinted at Apeface (And specifically just Apeface) in a few recent interviews as something people are wanting and they're looking to bring out post PotP

9. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    I can't help but think the design team will relish the opportunity not to make every figure align with a gimmick and we'll see something more like the enjoyable hodgepodge of Thrilling 30.

Interviews with John Warden have certainly seemed to suggest we'll see some of the mechanisms of Prime Wars in future lines, so hopefully we'll see some of the missing headmasters/targetmasters, including full deluxes for the '88 small headmasters. I'd commit petty crimes to see a leader class Scorponok, Voyager Horrorcons, and a proper Deluxe Titan Master Nightbeat.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover The Bob Bomber

News Credits:
    I imagine the next line will be titan/prime masters, maybe mixed? I'd guess straight titanmasters if we were betting, but mixed could work pretty easily. The legends line will have the little pegs so either type of tiny dude can ride it, the -masters will all be Pretender suits, doesn't matter what type of -master inside. Deluxe and voyager titanmasters, leader primemasters. Titan class double Titanmaster (Scorponok followed by the TTM Black Zarak exclusive . . . )

11. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

Definitely TR2, with a few surprises thrown in and some tech improvements based on fan feedback, like the new scramble city combiners. AEC fans might finally get their Sideways. Hopefully the Headmaster Warriors get completed. Animated Headmaster is a must.

12. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I imagine we'll get another Headmaster toyline, with Scorponok as Titan of the Year.

However, during an interview, I believe there was mention of plans for the next three years as well as hints about Unicron and upcoming anniversaries.

So let's just say we're talking 2019/20-2023, we'll have the anniversaries of Robots in Disguise (2001) and the Unicron Trilogy (2002). I wouldn't be surprised if we end up getting an updated Omega Prime, a new Armada Optimus with Overload, a Hasbro Ruination combiner and a Titan Unicron.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Yep. Hoping for a great titan Scorponok (exact same size as Fort Max, don't pull that Trypticon shit a second time Hasbro!!!), Apeface and Snapdragon (as voyagers), the Autobot Targetmasters and the double targetmasters and the small headmasters from both factions.

14. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    by the time POTP ends it'll be 2019. the 35th anniversary of the franchise. as such I suspect we'll get another hodgepodge line like Thrilling 30. where we get characters from a smattering of eras. it'd be a convenient excuse to patch up some holes left by the Prime Wars Trilogy, like the Autobot Targetmasters, the Horrorcons, Raiden, Deluxe Insecticons, etc. im also kinda hoping we get some geewunnified versions of newer characters from other corners of the franchise, like Knockout, Airachnid, and Dragonstorm.

2019 is also the 20th anniversary of Beast Machines, so maybe we'll get some kind of..........oh.....right. Warden hates beasties.

15. deathzero23

News Credits:
    Yeah.. Targetmasters like Point Blank and Sureshot.
    But will Takara lend Hasbro their Targetmaster molds?

Too bad Hasbro never fully milked Universe 2.0's Nightstick.
    I could say that mold is truly dead. Same thing can be said on Ravage (one is came with Hound).
    It's like one-two time only release.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

17. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably another round of Headmasters finishing up:
    a) horrorcons
    b) headmaster jrs
    c) remaining three autobot targetmasters
    d) monsterbots

If we are lucky they might do the remaining powermasters too like Slapdash, Joyride and Doubledealer.

• Like Like x 1
  18. LongarmMagnus

LongarmMagnus Well-Known Member

I hope they deliver on filling in the missing G1 characters like the Autobot TargetMasters, Deluxe Repungus, Shockwave, Omega Supreme, Scorponok, etc. Beyond that, for the Generations line of products, I hope they introduce (reintroduce?) characters from other lines such as Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Unicron Trilogy, Animated, Car Robots...

I personally wouldn't buy them, mind you, but I think it'd be cool for younger collectors to get updated figures from their own childhoods. I believe, as a G1 era kid, it's time to pass the torch.

Plus, if you have too many versions, too many updates of any specific character, it dilutes the value of those figures. TFCC Alpha Trion was going for $400-$500 a few years ago and as soon as TR Alpha came out it dropped to $150-$200. I sold an incomplete original Fortress Maximus in 2006 for $900. After encore Fort Max was released, Ebay prices of for the originals dropped tremendously.

19. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Definitely think they will revisit Titans Return, doing the 88 Headmasters as full deluxes (adding in deluxe HM Cyclonus remolded from Windblade, and maybe deluxe Repgnus), Voyagres Apeface & Snapdragon (to whom Takara will again add pointless targetmaster accessories), maybe new Springer & Sandstorm to offset the Horrorcons. The remaining 87 Autobot targetmasters will be headmasters but won't include their TM partners (at least via Hasbro), but said partners will be in some sort of box set, or in the legends/titanmaster price packages. This means the Takara remolds of Triggerhappy, Misfire, and Slugslinger will get Hasbro releases WITH their TM partners, but they will be store exclusives or a box set of some sort. It is possible we see "premium" versions of Scourge, Hot Rod & Kup (the Takara remolds), Blurr (think he needs a slight remold to mount the TM vehicle mode) with TM partners. As for the new Cyclonus, we might be told to use the Nightstick from Universe/RtS, or a solo release at the above mentioned cheaper pricepoints.

Beyond that, it is hard to say. I would like to see the other Pretender shells updated in the "Prime master" size, with their partners being designed to have "proper" Powermaster engines on their backs. There aren't really that many powermaster partners to do, and there might be enough pretender shells unmade to match up. I could see the Powermaster cars updated as combiner limbs also, they are easy to do from existing CW cars. The remaining 1988 "double" Targetmasters should get straight updates though, easy to find repaint options for all of them, and Spinister could be awesome (just gotta love Apache copters...).

+-MWG-+

20. deathzero23

News Credits:
    Hmmm.. Then Unicron.. Titan Class.
    Either that or Hasbro could do a new gimmick.

Deluxe figures with Unicron Limbs/Parts ala Marvel Legends' BAF scheme.
    It could raise the SRP of the figures though... Crazy..

Better make Unicron and Primus as a Titan Class releases.