Minor/Repaint: Combiner Wars Rampage

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by DarkProwler, Aug 9, 2016.

1. DarkProwler

DarkProwler Well-Known Member

Finally finished the first figure in my next custom combiner project. My Computron needs an adversary, so after much debate and designing, I've begun work on a vehicular CW Predaking!

I'm tried to pick alt modes that work best with the character. I always saw Rampage as fast and sleek, so I chose Dragstrip as his base figure. He's done up with a mix of Testors and Vallejo paints, with everything but the golden yellow applied with air brush. He's sealed with Vallejo silk varnish.

The head is one I designed and printed via Shapeways, and all of the figures will have custom heads. Still working out my technique of designing and painting, so they should get better as time progresses.

I'll be using the PC-08W set for this project (which I guess gives away my core figure :p ). As an arm for Predaking, Rampage gets one of the fists for a rifle. And to get Predaking's trademark claws, I bought a set of sgtf's CW Brassbeast claw sets and painted them in Vallejo Chainmail Silver to better match the fist/rifle.

But enough description, on to the pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think while the robot mode turned out good, the vehicle mode is kind of plain, but there's not a lot of detail on that mold to paint anyway. I might see about reproducing some stickers to break up the solid areas of color. I also need to get a new bottle of that Vallejo Golden Yellow and thin it out some so I can air brush it.

Up next will be Divebomb. Having some head issues with him, but I hope to have him up here within the next couple weeks. I'm pretty excited to get this finished :)  Thanks for looking, constructive C&C always welcome :) 

Attached Files:

2. Massasoit

Massasoit Combicon

Nice! I can totally buy Rampage as an Indy car. I know you're going for the cartoon color scheme, but the yellow eyes are kind of getting lost in the yellow face there. He might benefit from a black wash around the eyes to bring out the detail a little bit. Otherwise, I really do dig the custom head. I'm looking forward to the rest of the team.

3. Turakonin Prime

Turakonin Prime Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool but I don't feel rampage from this. Way awesome job tho

4. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Cash00013

Cash00013 Original 13

Awesome. I love this concept. I don't know what else you have in mind but I have a spare CW Menasor head that might work for the Tantrum robot mode. Not sure if it'd even fit, but it's yours if you want it.

6. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    yay! can't wait to see the others!!!!!

7. DarkProwler

DarkProwler Well-Known Member

I think I made the eyes too small, so they disappear in the paint. Good idea on the wash, I'll give that a shot and see if it helps. I may just paint them green, though. Not cartoon/toy accurate, but at least they'd stand out.

Thanks! I had a hard time getting any Rampage-ness out of this mold, so I tried to at least keep the colors as close as possible. I think the others will turn out better.

Nice, I'll have to look into those.

I appreciate the offer, but I've got a head designed out for Tantrum, just need to apply what I've learned from Rampage's head and get a print ordered.

Me neither :p 

8. Dramatic Spoon

Dramatic Spoon Well-Known Member

I like the idea, but not really sure if Drag Strip fits.

9. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Interesting choice of mold for Rampage. Well done!