Heavy/Scratch: Combiner Wars Liokaiser

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by echotransformer, Mar 27, 2017.

1. rikkomba

rikkomba Retired Minicon Guru

You certainly have the knowledge and skills to turn this custom into a product.
    Now that combiners are still hot but releases are few, it would be the right time to go to market.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bayou Prime

Bayou Prime Member

Hmmm, mayhaps the extra pieces could be redesigned to be part of Leozack and Jallguar's robot modes. Like Liokaiser's upper legs could be like missile pods or something. I love the concept of 6 Deluxes combining and I have a very imagintive mind!

• Like Like x 1
  3. westjames aka notirishman

westjames aka notirishman Da man widda plan

News Credits:
    "HELL... well Michigan I guess" [laughs] -Joel
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Crud, I forgot to say this, but this is... FRIGGIN' AWESOME! Seriously, this looks amazijg. Excellent work. Will the frame you made for this be on Shapeways?

4. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

Yes, those are cool ideas. You can see in one of the photos I do have them holding some of the parts like cannons and sheilds, and there are some extra 5mm ports to help this, but overall the priority on the parts was combined mode. But yes good ideas there....

Yes a few people have been asking for it on Shapeways, but as mentioned it was extremely expensive because the prints are so large, and I had to do a fair amount of modding to get it to work. So at this point, it's hard to say...it's really a matter of finding the time (I'm probably looking at another 40+ hours of development and another couple hundred dollars to bring it up to snuff for 3D printing alone)...and as much as I can try and be really efficient with the materials, it's gonna cost serious coin as a 3D print. (unfortunately).

I did ask one of my 3rd party contacts about it, and he was not interested in it at all. (also unfortunate).

Sorry guys...it's more a 'custom that happens to have 3D printing' and wasn't intended to be 'a project I wanted to bring to market'...but I DO really appreciate the interest in it.

5. westjames aka notirishman

westjames aka notirishman Da man widda plan

News Credits:
    "HELL... well Michigan I guess" [laughs] -Joel
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Ts'all good dude! If it costs a lot a your money and a lot of your time and effort, I also wouldn't bother. Still, great job on this masterpiece!

6. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

^^ Yeah but I also should say, I love this community, and if there's a reasonable way I can offer it, I will...I've been looking into a few things, so maybe there will be some way it can be of use to all the customizers out there...I do like to share!!! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kurome

Kurome Well-Known Member

such a great piece of work, well done! excellent leozack you got there

I'd go for option 4

8. Ae38

Ae38 Well-Known Member

One of the nicest customs I've seen on these forums. Glad this got bumped.