Combiner Wars Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Dec 12, 2014.

1. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    he's pretty cool. I use him as Nova Prime

• Like Like x 1
  2. DrJest

DrJest Crewdition Washout

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    With a head from Shapeways and a Reprolabels set, he makes a great Thunderclash. That is a versatile figure.

3. DocSeth81

Ebay:
    I love shapeways for accessories, but I just cant get on board for heads. Too much painting needed and its hard to match colors perfectly and I am too much of a stickler for that

4. DrJest

DrJest Crewdition Washout

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Pinterest:
    I can see that. I happened to have just the right blue around to match what was on the stickers, at least close enough for me. I do want to do something better for the symbol on his chest. Reprolabels kind of dropped the ball there.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  6. WarInTheFloor

WarInTheFloor Well-Known Member

I searched him on Amazon on a whim just before Christmas and lucked up and found a few for $26 shipped went ahead and got it because I love CW Voyagers a lot and have and was really enjoying Motormaster at the time anyway.

Now I am almost Obsessed with the figure I NEVER play Transformers anymore that he isn't in the middle of the adventure or scene. I could rant for a page about everything I love about it, its so solid, chunky more stiff and tight and harder feeling than either of my Motormasters, I love the colors, I love the profile and how he looks with deluxe Autobot cars, I love the place he holds in the mythos.

I use TR Voyager Prime as OP, TR PMOP as the armor suited Prime. In my universe the TR Voyager can merge with the Trailer to because the PMOP Leader figure OR Since its a headmaster with a helmet anyone can be "driving" that ( or either OP really) suit opening up all sorts of tricks and shell games of where/ who is actually Optimus prime. Its also really cool to use the PMOP in base mode as a command station for the TR Voyager. I use the TR Voyager as the Alt mode for the legends class guys, the PMOP as the alt mode for Deluxe class guys. have two different Head masters that represent Otimus if I want to play the Transtector route, sometimes I do sometimes they are binary bonded Nebulans. I can play either way.

So once I got Battle Core " Optimus" I use that voyager figure as Ultra Magnus analogous to the TR Voyager Prime and use the CW Ultra Magnus as the power up suit, FURTHER adding to the myriad of interaction I can play I got Acree with the Die cast ultra Magnus Headmaster at the same time.

So now I have a Titan/ Head master, a Voyager and a leader powered up suit for both the Optimus Prime AND Ultra Magnus! Multiple TM/HM options, base mode, legends alt mode, deluxe alt modes, a cab only UM and a combiner ... I can pretend either body is carrying the spark of either character ... hell I played all weekend with the Ultra Magnus head master on the TR Voyager OP as " Optimus Magnus" ...and sometimes let the white truck cab be Optimus Prime so I have a deluxe scale cab only Optimus, or the Combiner be Optimus Primes Spark... just whatever.

Soon I plan on getting the PTOP Leader and just expanding what I can do with those characters even further. There is so much imagination and intractability to what I can do with Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus now I would have never dreamed I would have all of this at my disposal.

It may seem like a silly thing to get excited about but that's like a dream come true to a kid trying to put together a good comprehensive cast of Transformers characters to play with, now I can play with Ultra Magnus and Optimus prime in pretty much any way I want to.

7. Jacewiththeface

Jacewiththeface Well-Known Member

YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I tried transforming Bruticus the way daimchoc did a while ago. Except, I don't have any PE feet or hands, so I just used Computron' feet and PoTP Dinobots hands in place of them. I used Jazz's Prime armor for the crotch piece image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. WarInTheFloor

Man that Fruiticus Vortex is a killer Depecticon color scheme. I don't suppose any of those sets ever get broke up do they? I kinda really want that guy to call him Spinister for my Glavatronus cobble up

9. DestinedAnarky

DestinedAnarky #bringbackthetechnobots

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I use CW Optimus Prime as my main Optimus Prime and the TR Magnus Prime and God Bomber as a Ginrai-like character that I call Convoy (I don't like the name Ginrai and Convoy works for me for a lot of reasons). Battle Core Prime has the renderform Thunderclash head with Thunderclash reprolabels (which will probably be switched out with the upcoming MMC Thunderclash coming out soon).

10. WarInTheFloor

That seems awesome!
    I just found POTP Optimus and may relegate PMOP to a role like your Convoy, lets me use more figures all at once. I wil also copy the Nova Prime idea if POTPs ends up supplying us with a evolution Ultra Magnus later on.
    Cant stress enough though of all the ones I hve prior to today I like the Battle Core CW toy the best. I WISH I could have found the red and blue one it would for SURE be my main OP

11. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Optimal Opthanos

News Credits:
    I'd recommend keeping him since you'd have a heck of a time tracking down a replacement if you regret it later.

• Like Like x 1
  12. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy

20180109_191352.jpg
    Supremacy.

• Like Like x 4
  13. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

TR Cosmos (who has Scrounge’s tooling rather than Generations Cosmos’) on Computron’s arm:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  14. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Scramble City, Decepticon-style!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  15. DocSeth81

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  16. Beta Maximus

Beta Maximus Well-Known Member

I head cannoned mine into the result of an experiment gone wrong that accidentally fused leozack and jagullar into the same body, with attributes of both. The new monstrosity took the name of their former master as a tribute to him.

17. Zircor

Zircor Well-Known Member

Has anyone on here got CW prime (and/or Battlecore) with Reprolabels AND either the SND or Beelzeboss add-ons? How well do they work together?

18. jru42287

jru42287 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Does anyone have a picture or a link to a tutorial on how to get the alternate shoulder configuration on Bruticus?

19. ldl0021

ldl0021 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My UW Devastator I finished a while back... Was shooting for the screen accuracy from 86’

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  20. WarInTheFloor

I didn't know there was one but with the breastplate locking into those slots over the combiner ports the way they do he honestly has the best shoulder config, most stable, doesn't move around when you articulate at the port, and solid feel of any of the Torsos with the recent exception of maybe starscream. I wouldn't know why you would want it different other than for looks.