Minor/Repaint: Combiner Wars Alpha Bravo Remix

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by breaux man, Apr 19, 2017.

1. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

Just a few tweaks to one of, if not my favorite character in Combiner Wars...Alpha Bravo. Switched out his arms with Unite Warriors Moonheart and painted one side of them orange. Painted his head black and added a few reprolabels. Gave him that old school machine gun weapon that came with that Classics deluxe Optimus Prime, so he can use in alt-mode as a multi-directional weapon.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  2. Artork312

Artork312 The Robo-Chuvak

News Credits:
    Need more beef on his forearms...still, looks kewl!

• Like Like x 1
  3. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta If police eat donuts firefighters eat everything

This is great! I really wish that hasbro had done this with AB and blades, because Ive never seen a touring/rescue helicopter with Missiles.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Looks awesome! Like an Alpha Bravo on an assassination mission! :thumb 

Well... it does fit Blades' personality to have huge missiles on him. This is the Autobot who shreds people apart with his rotorblades for kicks, after all. He'd pick missiles over a rescue winch on his alt-mode any day.

As for αβ, well... it fits my mental image for him, so I'm fine with it. It also depends on what his role in the Aerialbots is to you.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MastaBlasta

MastaBlasta If police eat donuts firefighters eat everything

Yea It does, but when all 3 of them have them, it jus screams obvious repaint

• Like Like x 1
  6. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

^ That is a very good and true point. I always wished that Vortex had (single barreled) machine guns on his arms and Blades really should've had landing skis. They also really needed other changes too, like Vortex's four blades (thank you UW) and different tail rotors and cockpits.

I did love CW, but the plain old repaints got old fast and were overdone to death.

7. SHADDO

SHADDO Arashikage Decepticon

Steamshield has several upgrade options like this on Shapeways for Vortex, Blades and Alpha Bravo...including a 4 rotor option for Vortex/Blades that allows you to use 2 rotor blades as swords, and a swivel section that allows the rotor housing to fold up on the back higher and flat, instead of sticking out oddly, as they currently do.

There are also cockpit variations, mainly intended for Vortex I believe, to entirely change the front end to look more G1 style or like a Russian HIND, and possibly another style it seems like.

Additionally, he has a few different "armament" options, and arm fin options, to replace the missiles.

He also has a nice kit to convert the CW Blastoff jet into a more shuttle/space-x craft, which looks pretty cool!

There's also another kit, by someone else whose name I don't recall immediately, that allows an EXCELLENT conversion of an extra Vortex mold copter into a more G1 accurate Blastoff shuttle mode. Someone bought severalof those kits and did Astrotrain, Galaxy Shuttle, Blastoff, and a couple of other versions, and posted the photos!

Hasbro SHOULD have done this themselves, but at least we do have options to fix them ourselves, thanks to these artistic geniuses and Shapeways!