Customs: Combiner Torso mode for Onslaught?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Nemesis Predaking, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
  2. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish I had that mold.
    depending on how you want it to look when finished, I would try getting the legs to fold up behind his back.
    what are you working on?

3. yourreflection

yourreflection Well-Known Member

Moe used that mold for his Bruticus a while back. I think he took the legs off to form the torso. I believed the Onslaught legs then attached to the back of Brawl and Swindle.

4. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Hey bro, I have this mold and it's been a WIP for a while now (for those that remember my HUGE Combaticons/Bruticus WIP thread from back in December--and the recent updates to Brawl and Swindle). I haven't taken any shots of Onslaught or anything since he's basically going to be the same (not much WIP stuff done on him yet). I did work out some connectors on him and I've come up with two transformations for him that could work, one of which is similar to what SMOG did with his Bruticus WIP here: Bruticus & Menasor Early Stages - by SMOG

The one I'm planning to TRY, involved me cutting the back end of the Onslaught alt mode (that flap piece that ends up being the back end of the alt mode) so that the legs can fold up toward the sides at an angle. I also removed the leg "cage" pieces that opened to let the extra wheels flip inside. This gave even more play room to do this. I'll snap a shot really quick and show you what I'm talking about. With this transformation, I figure I can add to or build up some sort of connector for the knee that will be hidden in bot mode and alt mode (hopefull, if all goes as planned). The only thing I don't like about this is that this will basically be the abdomen and chest area, but it gets awful thin toward the bottom, meaning I may need to bulk him up with some add-on parts or something. Not sure if I'll use the Unicron/Primus combos--originally planned to use the Primus forearms at least, but I'm still not 100% sure yet. It all depends on how the mock ups look to me and most importantly, if the proportions work out alright. The chest plate would cover most of the torso, but the wheels would be visible from the sides. The white and black connectors on the shoulders are some Neo Shifters parts that I glued in place (I removed the claw things that were originally on it--didn't care for 'em). If you need any more help on this or decide to try what I did and need some pointers, hit me up bro.

Attached Files:

5. MoeSizzlac

MoeSizzlac Newb Customizer

What he said. The legs just pop right out...no modding necessary really(knee and below seperate from the thigh). Then I had him as if her were standing straight up and put him into place, secured with pegs and that was it. I'll try to get pictures in a few if you are interested.

6. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    hXcpunk23, yeah I had come up with that one too. it's kinda become my fall back plan.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/211337-wip-3-bruticus-complete.html
    This one right?
    I think this could be a winner.
    I can't believe, I didn't remember about the legs popping off.

Thanks guys. I knew I was thinking about it too much.