combiner limb question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NotFastEnuff, Aug 17, 2007.

1. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    I was cleaning and rearranging my collection today, and something occurred to me. Is there a "right" way to combine the limbs on the combiners? By that I mean is there a "Vortex is this limb, Drag Strip is that limb" or is it whomever you wish to stick where ever? (whoo, that sounded dirty) Anyway, I was just wondering.

2. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, some people go by the instructions or what they saw in the show.

However, there is the whole scramble city thing. The scramble city episode was made after season 3, but took place between season 2 and the movie. The concept is that the combiners can mix and match parts as needed. One of the stunticons even ends up attaching itself to superion in place of one of the planes(at least I think it was a stunticon). By being able to swap stuff around, if the gestalt needed a drill arm he could take the leg(like with computron) and use it as an arm instead.

The only combiners you can't do this with(that I'm aware of) are devastator, predaking, and monstructor.

Then there's the other issue of the combiners attaching to metroplex and trypticon, but that's another story.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    You can switch around Divebombe/ Rampage, and Tantrum/ Headstrong but thats it.

To the o.p.: It's really based on your preference. This is how I usually set mine up:

Superion: Air Raid: Right Arm, Slingshot: Left Arm, Fireflight: Right Leg, Skydive: Left Leg

Menasor: Dragstrip: Right Arm, Wildrider: Left Arm, Breakdown: Right Leg, Dead End: Left Leg

Defensor: Blades: Right Arm: First Aid: Left Arm, Streetwise: Right Leg, Groove: Left Leg

Bruticus: Blast Off: Right Arm, Vortex: Left Arm, Swindle: Right Leg, Brawl: Left Leg

Computron: Afterburner: Right Arm, Strafe: Left Arm, Lightspeed: Right Leg, Nosecone: Left Leg

Abominus: Rippersnapper: Right Arm, Blot: Left Arm, Cutthroat: Right Leg, Sinnertwin: Left Leg

Piranacon: Seawing: Right Arm, Skalor: Left Arm, Tentakil: Right Leg, Nautilator: Left Leg, Overbite: Gun

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    with superion, I use air raid and skydive as legs, as they're the widest members of the team, and that width helps make superion's legs look better. fireflight and slingshot are skinnier, so I use them as arms. slingshot looks completely rediculous as a leg.

mostly I go by show models.

and monstructor's arms and legs can be swapped, but an arm cant be used as a leg, and a leg can't be used as an arm.

5. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    You're definitely right there, especially about Slingshot. I just like having Air Raid as an arm since he's my fav Aerialbot.

6. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Off topic, does anyone but me feel it is weird that the Combatacons have a SPace shuttle as a member? I mean I don't think I have ever seen a Space Shuttle going to war. I've always thought he would look better swapped out with Sky Dive or Air Raid.

7. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

Many militaries use rocketry to place their military satellites in orbit.

A reusable, olive-drab space shuttle, on the other hand...

8. Grimlock_13

News Credits:
    ...that is used as a limb alongside a tank, jeep and helicopter connected to a transport truck main body....Bruticus is quite possibly the most f'd up combiner.

9. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    That, and the most over used. Thanks for all the input. I'm gonna have to compare notes and see how mine compare to yours.

10. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Lucifer's children TFW2005 Supporter

I just look at the instructions, that's the best way!

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Protectasoricusion

[​IMG]

12. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Menasors face seems to have a very WTF expression there.

Probably wondering what the hell happened and why he's now made up of four different teams.

More importantly, Brawl. Does he go show accurate style? Or the way hes shown in the instructions?

13. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

for Abominus, a warning that Sinnertwin's neck almost always snaps if you try to move the head into arm mode position, gotta keep him as a leg.

14. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

acording to scramble city he should be walowing in pain.