Combiner force soundwave and Megatron returning

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by primeknightHalo, Apr 19, 2017.

1. primeknightHalo

primeknightHalo Well-Known Member

I jst watch transformers combiner force trailer today and i was filled with joy to hear Tfp/RID soundwaves voice in the combiner force trailer im 100 percent sure its soundwave. The voice says you led them well.Blurr made an appearance why cant soundwave now onto megatron i seen a bot/con after soundwave states you led them well the con or bot has the same chassis structure as megatron tell me your thoughts comments are allowed

2. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I didnt understand half of that.

• Like Like x 6
  3. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

Screenshot_20170419-200857.png

ridsw-001.jpg 1485534549-so4.jpg

Looks a lot like Soundwave's new RID mode. Of course the figure is not 1:1, but take note of his hips, forearms, number of fingers, and knees. I'd love to see Megatron return someday, but I doubt we'd get a Fusion Cannonless Megatron.

Maybe Soundwave's line is directed towards Motormaster, who leads the Stunticons? Motormaster looks so awesome.

Wait, isn't Optimus off scouring the universe for something in that big red ship? Think he's chasing down Megatron?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  4. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron's body in Predacons Rising didn't have a fusion cannon.

5. Snowcat

Snowcat Animation Detective

Soundwave said "You have done well". My guess is he's the head Decepticon for this season. I don't think Megatron's coming back anytime soon.

• Like Like x 2
  6. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Optimus and some "old friends" are trying to handle the corrupt council currently in charge of Cybertron.
    It was never explained, who those friends are and where he got that ship. I assume.the Alchemor found Team Prime, who left Cybertron due to the council and that's where Prime got the ship.
    Megatron is good now and is in self-imposed exile. I doubt the group would chase him. Maybe, in the season, Prime will try to convince him to join the group.

• Like Like x 1
  7. IceMagnus

IceMagnus STARCO FTW!!!!!

News Credits:
    Why would SOUNDWAVE have a Decepticon Hunter like weapon?

8. goudan

goudan Bumblebee all the way

News Credits:
    maybe the same reason why Steeljaw holding one in season2. Finders keepers.

9. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Come to think of it... "Decepticon Hunter" is a really prejudiced name for a weapon. That's just kind of indirectly saying that all Decepticons are savages and villains that deserve to be hunted down and incarcerated. Frankly, I'm surprised Cyclonus would allow something like that.

I suppose the winners of the war do write the history books, after all.....

• Like Like x 1
  10. Snowcat

That's pretty much how this whole show operates. All the escaped prisoners are Decepticons. Except Grimlock, who once he's proven himself to be trustworthy is made an Autobot. That's a very simple black and white view.

I mean, okay if these were all Decepticons who were captured during the war, that would be one thing. But according to the show it seems like most, if not all of them were just ordinary citizens, like a wrestler for example, who later committed criminal acts. Which means the current Cybertron society does have both Decepticon and Autobot citizens. So why then have we only seen Decepticons who are criminals and also not a single Autobot criminal? (I know, there was that one guy in Shadelock's group. But he didn't even speak, he barely counts.)

11. Applejacktimus

You're absolutely tight. It is a kids' show, after all. I wouldn't expect a kids' show to cover themes involving anti-heroes or so-called "heroes" doing something amoral like unjust persecution and blanket ideals and such. The show's thing is "good vs evil," not "make children realize not all the 'good guys' are good and vice versa." And it is true that most of the Decepticons we've seen are implied to not have fought in the Great War. But then "Decepticon Hunter" still implies that only Decepticons are criminals and not Autobots, or at the very least that Decepticons are worse criminals than them.

Though I do wonder about how at the end of the Weaponizer arc, Optimus puts the Bounty Hunters in stasis pods despite it not being said that they're criminals. Drift is a Bounty Hunter, so being one can't be illegal, since he'd be arrested on sight the moment he brings his bounty to the New High Council. Maybe it's because they assisted Starscream?

I did kinda like Roughedge though. He was cool with his rifle that's somehow also a flamethrower and his grenade launcher attachment. That's about all there is to him, though. :/

EDIT:

RIGHT!' Not tight! Right!!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Snowcat

I agree, I've no problem with it being a kids show and not wanting to delve into those kind of themes. The problem is when it portrays problematic things like this, it opens itself up to that. If it wants to target a younger audience, then it should just avoid that in the first place, like Rescue Bots does (which is a great show). I mean, if these blanket morals of Cybertron culture were an actual part of the universe the characters live in and was tackled, then that could be great albeit perhaps more appropriate for a slightly older audience. But if it remains unacknowledged, then it makes it seem like the show itself is condoning this behavior, which does send a bad message to this younger audience.

• Like Like x 2
  13. goudan

goudan Bumblebee all the way

News Credits:
    That is a problem we are never meant to solve...
    My theory is Cyclonus might use it as a strategy to make people believe it's high council that is behind all this, not him.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Applejacktimus

Pretty much. Hopefully we get a deeper TF show that deals with mature ideas like Beast Wars and Animated someday.

One that isn't plagued by forced changes, repetitiveness, status quo, loose threads, and even more goddamn relic hunts.

Possibly. Or it's just that Cyclonus isn't fully in control of the New High Council and someone else (likely an Autobot) created the name for the weapon.

Really, it's hard to tell since we don't know his endgame yet. We don't know if his plan (whatever that is) needs the support of lowly Decepticon criminals or not.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AirjitzuRonin

Cyclonus probably wants to restart the original Decepticons. For now, Decepticon is a name for criminals and savages. Since the Autobots won the war, anyone who acted against the council would be dubbed a Decepticon, to keep the winning side happy. Remember Cyclonus is using mind control to run the council from the background. He probably feels ashamed that people like Springload and Clampdown were being dubbed part of his ranks, but he probably didn't see them as real Decepticons. They were criminals who could harm his council and he was handling them while trying to make the Autobot majority happy. That shows how politically intelligent Cyclonus is.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AirjitzuRonin

No clue what you mean by forced changes. Also, find me a Transformers show without at least one relic hunt.

17. Snowcat

G1, Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Energon, Rescue Bots. Animated had them looking for Allspark fragments in series 2 but really, they just kind of showed up each episode. There wasn't really any actual hunting.

18. Applejacktimus

Oh right, I forgot he's mind-controlling the rest of the Council. Then that means he does have full control of it, or at least a very powerful influence over it.

The writers for TFP were forced to change a lot of their plans twice, at the beginning of seasons two and three. Originally, Orion Pax would have stayed with the Decepticons for the whole of season two while team Prime argued over leadership, and presumably Breakdown and Airachnid wouldn't have been cheaply written out and Dreadwing not get his arc poorly done. Then they were forced to abandon their plans for season three, which would've been on a regenerated Cybertron involving Maximals and Predacons when Hasbro forced the whole Beast Hunters dragon-Predacons thing on them.

Also, of course every other Transformers show is gonna have relic hunts. The thing is, a show that's trying to be serious and mature doesn't need literally a dozen of them.

19. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

I still think the Alchemor was a left over from befor the war and Megatron changed what "Decepticon" meant.

20. Spin-Out

Spin-Out "It's just... Asinine."

The other 'Con is probably Cyclonus.