combine:possible for all transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by krade, Apr 21, 2009.

1. krade

krade Well-Known Member

do you think in the movie-verse that every transformers can combine with a other one?

when you think about it,you have devastator,the twins or ice cream truck,optimus-jetfire,and possibly arcee .

at first i tought that prime-fire was possible with the possibility of the matrix,but what for the others?

2. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

It's up to Bay . . . . and lord I hope there isn't tooo much combining going on. I prefer just Devs (and maaaaaaybe Prime and Jetfire)

3. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the reasoning behind Arcee combining is to make her bigger. As just a bike she is barely 10 feet tall. I don't think the Twins really combine, just in the beginning for the ice cream truck, and only as a vehicle. I doubt the Trax and Beat will combine. 3 Combiner sets is a bit much, but as long as it is logical I'm fine with it.

4. PredaconX

PredaconX Decepticon Combiner

Yea i only think they have the twins combine for a few scenes. Arcee i havent heard anything more than speculation still on whether or not she will def be a combiner in the film. I would love to see one Autobot combiner but maybe towards the end of the film to fight Devastator. I was on the fence about any other combiners in this film besides Devs because i kinda wanna see the Autobots take on Devs by themselves. But i would love the idea of seeing Superion make an appearance(even though it prolly wont happen).

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Well, since they are all multi-mode changers, I don't see why they can't all merge.

6. dorfsquest

dorfsquest Bing B-Bing Bing!

News Credits:
    Fuuuuuu-siooon HAH!

7. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

I remeber orci stating that something in regards to siblings would explained in the movie. So from what i gather, all siblings have the ability to combine. Twins, bothers. Motorcycles sisters. And i guess the constructicons are brothers. Mind you prime and jetfire dont really fit there. However, prime and jetfire will not actually combine in the conventional manner. A portion of jetfire basically wraps around prime.

But with all the combining going on, its not feeling original enough for me. Like when i see the movie i want to be like... "oh there combining, man that looks sweet". However my actual experience may mimic "oh their combing... again, again and oh wait for it.... again" Too predictable.

The biggest spoiler of this film thus far has been prime and jetfire combining.... i was that was the one thing that wasnt leaked.

8. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Yeah. The movie-verse Transformers are much less "set" in their alt. modes. They apparently just have extreme contortion abilities and control over all the parts of their bodies.

They trans-scan a form to see how to "fold" themselves, and then store that particular "pose" in their memories as an Alternate Mode.

Also, the unique substance they're composed of apparently allows them to "grow" new parts as needed and "absorb" unneeded ones.

Combination should be as easy/only slightly harder for them as regular Transformation. The only thing that might make it more complicated/less accessible is the difficulty of conflicting minds trying to sync up.

That could mean that it's slightly easier for bots that are already in a state of heightened synchronization. Combination might simply require "Thinking on the same Wavelength".

In the same/simmilar manner, Triple Changing/Multiple Altmodes might just be a matter of concentration and available resources. "Remembering" and maintaining the required systems and parts required for two (or more) separate "poses/configurations" at the same time. (Scanning new alt. modes obviously doesn't require the "deletion" of a previously stored configuration*, but they certainly loose/reabsorb/adapt whatever systems/parts they were using for all but their current one.)

* = Ghosts of Yesterday explicitly states Bumblebee has multiple previous alt. modes still stored in his memory.

9. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bayformers are basically like T-1000s, except they can mimic complex objects like cars and guns and so on: there's no reason they cannot all simply merge together at an atomic level as well as at a simple connective one, beyond the psychological problem of more than one spark operating the larger machine.

10. Zablorg

Zablorg Well-Known Member

Where did people get the idea that the fembots are going to combine?

Was it in an interview or something?

11. cnic

cnic Decepticon

^^^^^^^^^^Agreed. We don't need to see multiple combining in the movie because if that is the case then the final battle could have all the Autobots and Decepticons combining to make 2- 400 foot tall robots and that wouldn't be good!

12. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I just got this awful idea for a slash explanation of Prime-Fire, and they pretend to be combined to save face.

Imma go vomit now.

13. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I just look at Arcee as a modern Reflector.

14. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Too much combining would be truly Power Rangers-level awful. Super Megazord Optimus is not cool! There is no Spark of Combination, just a few combiners. The Transformers are character in their own right, them merging takes something away from that in my opinion.

15. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    according to the scout bike's toy-packaging, they recieve a retro-fit upgrade in order to combine