Combination technology

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lion, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    Sorry, it's probably been covered already.... I'm assuming the autobots came up with the tech, seeing as how the twins were "experimental"... I was thinking watching Devastator combine really wasn't a true combination as it was forced, using chains, etc...it seems as if one constructicon was the leader and just used the others as limbs or armor.

If this has been covered, can someone provide a link??

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I think the combining method is just the movie canon's way of doing it. Looked pretty bad ass to me.

3. NoleScream

NoleScream The Anti-Troll

I look at it in a similar way, sorta... The Twins I viewed as using that technology, but I still contend Devastator is 1 giant bot made of those vehicles, that didn't really have robot modes. Devs was just so big, nothing on Earth matched him in size for an alt mode, so he broke up into multiple alt modes.

4. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    That's a neat idea. That would explain why he died and didn't break up into the constructicons.

I thought maybe because the combining was so intricate that the parts interlinked in a way that when shot by the rail gun, it just messed up all the individual bots.

5. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    I was only curious as it seemed the decepticons "stole" the tech or at least the idea of it. If the 'cons were gonna take it, they were gonna make it huge (Devastator) but not perfecting the technology, it was a crude combination which is why it took chains, etc...almost the same idea as Iron Man/Iron Monger....the villian steals the idea and makes it bigger but not neccessarily better...

6. Vincymon

Vincymon Well-Known Member

Nice idea .... But I am not so sure though. But i beg to differ. Just because devastator combines after we see the twins ... it doesn't mean its the same.

The fact that there were destinct constructicons, with their own persona's - that transformed into the same 5 vehicles of devastator .... I think devastator was just a giant constructicon, which could only take on a disguise, by disassembling.

That should give the customizers a break. From what we see in the movie, devastator is really just one robot.

7. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Also Reedman (What Con would be named that?) he is composed of hundreds of smaller bots. Now Devastator could be a bigger primitive version of that technology.

8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    THIS!! :rock 

9. MadHatter

MadHatter Tripredicus Councilman

Can someone please explain to me the origin of the name "Reedman"? Thank you.

I considered Devastators combining technology as an ancient tech. Reedman's and the twins seem much younger to me with much more advanced tech.

10. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Credits. Red Rampage is SkipJack all that is left is Reedman whom Welker voiced.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    To me it would have been nice to watch the Twins combine to take on Devs, it was part of the story, but was dropped, i'm sure.

12. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

Where does this come from? I'm not saying you're wrong, I just don't recall it being in a comic or the movie.

13. NoleScream

NoleScream The Anti-Troll

I assume from the ice cream truck twins toy package.