Minor/Repaint: Combaticon Blastoff

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by maximus_primal, Feb 28, 2009.

1. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Hey guys it's been a while since I have done anything major. I have been extremely busy at work that past several months and have had little to no time for kitbashing. I have never really like the idea of using Clas. Astrotrain for Blastoff but didn't really know what else to do. I thought he was to small and with out major modes he would just look like a brown Astrotrain. Then this week I was watching Energon with my youngest and it hit me. Why not Energon Jetfire. He's nice size, a shuttle (of sorts), and lots of weapons. So attached is my digi concept of Blastoff. What do you think?

I have used Univ. Onslaught and CD Hot Shot for Brawl. See link:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/209308-combaticon-brawl-sanity-break-hot-spot.html

I plan on using Cyb Red Alert for Swindle and Arm. Cyclonus for Vortex (but I am seriously thinking about using Eng. Bulkhead)

I have not found one yet. I haven't found any on Ebay and Junkion Exchange, so if anyone has one that are willing to depart with, please PM. I am also think about using this mold for my Technobot Scattershot but won't know that until I can examine one to see about it's possiblities.

Attached Files:

2. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

I like this idea for Blast Off... but honestly, I would use CD Scattershot for Brawl and CD Hotshot for Swindle! It just make sense... Swindle's a small jeep with a humanlike features. Brawl is a big, lumbering tank with a heavily visored face. It seems like a better match.

Though... if your Blast Off is going to be this huge, maybe you might want to go bigger for Swindle and Vortex, and make the whole team a bit more intimidating overall.

The Energon Bulkhead or Cybertron Evac molds for Vortex, and maybe Crossovers Wolverine or Captain America as a base for Swindle. Both of those Crossover figures have appropriate vehicle modes, and are surprisingly big figures (Captain America is Voyager sized, easily).

This way, the figures will be more balanced in size if you decide to go for a combined Bruticus mode.

Just some suggestions! Looking forward to seeing this mold as Blast Off! :) 

zmog