Colours in Signatures

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by TrueNomadSkies, Aug 20, 2011.

1. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    This isn't a big deal or anything, but is adding color code to our signature texts only allowed for supporters & staff members? I'm assuming so because the only people I've seen using colours have been supporters & staffers and because the system wouldn't let me do it, but I was just curious.

If this is the case (aka, not just an unintentional error), then maybe it could be mentioned in the rules/info section under the donation perks area?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    You should be able to use colour - the BB code is the same as regular messages. I'm not aware of it being a supporter privilege.

3. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i40/diamond_bear_xp/BBcode_screenshot.png

Well, I thought it might've just been that the shortcut icon was gone from the editor or that I needed to type the full hex code instead of the word (sometimes only a few colours are legal oppose to anything solid), but the BB code options for colors & quotes look to be locked out all together.

If it's not meant to be a supporter only thing, then maybe it was left over from when the site had a crapton of convention/movie related traffic & certain things needed to be put on hold? I've never tried using those things before on here, so it's just a guess.

Again, this really isn't a big deal or anything & I'm sorry for adding yet another thread to the section. I figured it was worth asking about, is all.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Just got an update from Tony, colors are indeed restricted to supporters. It's not something we set out to make a perk, but that's how it ended up. Sort of an added bonus for the supporter status.

5. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Bonuses are always good, and thanks again for looking into this. :)