Colors in Character Customization

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by ToddJumper, Jul 7, 2010.

1. ToddJumper

ToddJumper Toddimus

Ebay:
    Has anyone found the colors to choose from character customization fairly weak?

I remember watching footage before the game came out for customization with many more colors / shades than what is actually available. For example there was an almost solid white Prime Chasis that looked like Ultra Magnus colors but I am unable to replicate that look myself. We do not have white avaialble at all, just light shades of blue / red etc.

Anyone else disappointed in that, or am I imagining things?

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  3. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

It also had a red Decepticon scientist.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    While I agree, does this subject really need another thread?

5. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    yea , theres also white and red ratchet.

Edit : 300th Post :D 

6. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

They really do need to add more...

7. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Definitely. Atleast adding white and black would be nice. Why those two colors are missing, when some of the actual TFs in the game use them, not to mention the "Ulltra Magnus" in the MP preview vid, is highly unusual.

8. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

yes, I was dissapointed by the color choices. Plus, all the Decepticon colors look the same, so you can't make a Decepticon look unique.

9. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    What's that? Character customisation apart from choosing your perks and weapons is limited to choosing from a small range of colours for your chassis?

Gee I wish someone had predicted that. Except me of course.

10. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Autobot coloUrs are ok could use white,but the Decepticon coloUrs are not good at all ,no matter what colours you choose it makes no real difference,some brighter colours would be appreciated.

11. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I can appreciate why they may've chosen Decepticons to have a more limited colour pallette, it is a tad too limited. It would've been nice if we could've gotten deeper greens, purples and other regularly used Decepticon colours.

12. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    While I agree that this topic doesn’t need another discussion I will go ahead and support the redundancy by joining in.
    The limited color selections vex me too –especially after the promo video.
    There’s two things that I would change.
    1. The color you pick VS the color you actually get. I have tried to make some bright Autobots but after all the filters are applied the character’s color is actually quite a bit duller than the color I picked.
    2. Color 3. The game lets you choose two colors but it’s almost like most chassis have a third color that is static. Think about how much white\gray is on the Starscream chassis no matter how you modify the other two colors.

13. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Supposedly in Multiplayer it was sometimes difficult to tell whom was a friend or foe at quick glance, hence the fairly limited palette choices to make it easier to identify.

14. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

That would almost render the Disguise ability moot then wouldn't it?

And there isn't another discussion about this. There are SIMILAR discussions about character customization in general, but this thread focuses solely on color choices. Mods are very good at identifying and locking duplicate threads so could we all just let them do their jobs? /rant.

I find the colors pretty limiting too. As much as I like my Action Master colored Thundercracker, I don't want that to be all that I'm limited to and with only about 7 colors to choose from that's kind of what we get stuck with.

15. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    From the way we saw characters and the waythey explained color picking it sounded like we would get allot more colors!! i mean im sure it can be added in a patch or somthing i just hate the fact i cant make a white autobot but ican make a wite decepticon....or i cant make a classic starscream but i can make a a all white soundwave i mean its dumb if u ask me its a bit annoying!!

everytime i pick the random scientist i get a guy whos WHITE and GOLD and BLUE .... now why cant i actually make those colors.

16. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    That's a very stupid reason, I can tell who my teammates and enemies are by the big BLUE and RED names above them.

I say they should just give the Autobots and Decepticons the same palette and drop the color changing part of Disguise, the whole reason Disguise works is because it makes you appear as an ally to the enemy team with a blue name above your head

17. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Now that that you mention that, I have sometimes noticed that in an actual match the colors I chose are somewhat more muted than they are in the customizer. Only noticed this on the 'Con side though.

And yeah, a 3rd color option would've been really nice and would make a player's custom TF look a bit more unique. As it is, sometimes I just feel like I'm playing a generic drone instead of a customized bot. Especially when I've got teammates who are using the same chassis and color option.

18. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

Ya, I wasn't even able to make starscream....

19. I_Cross_I

I_Cross_I Active Member

I think we only get a few colors bc of that dumb Disguise skill. Hell it don't even work half the time all you have to do is look at the model.

20. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I have to agree, a third and fourth color option would've helped tremendously.