Colored MP-3 Starscream Retailer Catalog Scan

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by rexpope, Jul 20, 2006.

1. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

:horse: 
    I'm really tired of this BS argument whenever some executive screws up with paint jobs on a clearly G1 based design. I've heard this for BTechs, classic line, movie designs and now Masterpieces. If it's not G1, why not design something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from the original G1 modelsheet for a change????

Precisely. Nobody will complain if this one tries to look like G1 Starscream too.

2. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Looks like Starscream's all dressed up ready for his morning jog with Binaltech's "Gym-time Prowl".

Who would have thought that Prowl and Starscream would end up being workout buddies?

3. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

Welcome to the Island of Misfit Toys!

4. Astrum

Astrum Member

I somehow missed this last night. Again I am impressed with your knowledge on military aircraft. I'd like to know this much!!!! I mean that as a true compliment.

And I never knew the F15 was originally blue like that. Ive always seen them as that washed out gray. Now I know why. And thinking on SS colors and what you said above, I think there could be a happy medium done between the two on this masterpiece that could make everone happier then what we are looking at fight now. The G2 SS was a dayglow orangish/red/pink something or other (depending on which one you got... I have a few that are different shades straight off the line and not altered), so having a G1 dayglow orangish/red I could accept for the cause of total accuracy. I think perhaps though instead of that blue do make it that washed out gray with the hint of pale blue and that would kind of set between actual and anime. But this is just my humble opinion.

I'm so used to seeing them as light gray and that dark geengray of the strikes that Im having a hard time wrapping my brain around that pale blue as the standard color for an F15.

I see it. I remember reading that the ends of the wings went through some mods as well. Though I don't remember if it was before the test production ones or after. I know the nose boom was dropped.

I agree. I don't understand the complaints about the con brands upside down on him when hes in root mode. Them being upside down makes perfect sense to me and anything else just wouldnt look right. the wings rotate when he transforms and the brands flipping upside down is a clear and logical indication of that. To keep the brands upright in root mode would make his transformation different and the wings would sit different and I dont think it would look well at all.

5. Astrum

Astrum Member

Hahahh Prowl and Starscream . . . uhm loooonng story. Involves a joke that started in a chat room G1 RP like back in 2000....guess you had to have been there....
    >_>
    <_<

6. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    Masterpiece does not equal G1.

Masterpiece equals die-cast + complexity + highly detailed.

The end.

7. Astrum

Astrum Member

Then why call it Starscream? If not even an ounce of effort is going to go into at least making it look like who its suppose to be then why not just call it 'Generic F15 Decepticon' and be done with it? Your description of the Masterpiece line and the ultimate G1 Starscream can both be the same thing with a little bit more common sense IMO.

Now I have seen better pics of this paintscheme just a little while ago. No, its not that dark. After a while parts of it will grow on you but the shade of red and lack of red and all the white little stripes everywhere just make it a busy kibbled mess IMO.... and nothing thats there with the exception of the truer shade that gray is is anything close to an actual F15 so how is that highly detailed and accurate? Again, if only the alternate mode was the goal in this then why even have it transform? Why put a name to it? Can anyone see what Im trying to say here?

They have overthunk and overworked the MP Starscream and they have ruined it IMO. Yea it looks better in better light and I guess I wont cancel my preorder but it certainly will not be the crown jewel of my Ss collection I wanted it to be. My all clear plastic (read it, all clear plastic, no diecast 1 of 3) prize g1 has that spot now and from the looks of it, nothing will ever take it down from that spot....

8. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The paintjob is unworthy of a masterpiece line Starcream, because as we all know, it IS G1 they are basing this line on. To say any different is idiocy.

That being said, I'll probably still buy it, toy/show accurate or no.

9. Xcandescent

Xcandescent TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS

So, in summary: this is basically a higher-res version of the 1st bad photoshop that touched off the whole color controversy -- with leg kibble digitally erased on the bot.

I call shenanigans.

Of course, it'll end up looking like poo anyway even if they get the "realistic" color scheme correct.

I'll be curious to see how many pre-orders get cancelled by the time the toy actually ships.

-XCN-

10. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

I look at MP-1 and all the "coincidences" that made it the best TF toy ever, and I can't possibly disagree more.

Well, now it certainly does... And when they take away the die-cast, you can just re-define the line for yourself and be correct once again. Aren't many people doing this for BTs right now? Sure helps not getting frustrated with stupid HasTak decisions. For me, I'll pass.

11. timomos

timomos Member

why jump to conclusion guys?

coul it be the guy who screw up the contrast when he scans the catalog?

anyway, lets wait until we see the actual product.

12. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    No amount of scanning/color errors could make all those white stripes everywhere go away, nor the fact that his distinctive "blue with red accents" tailfins are nowhere to be seen. (The more I look, the more the white tips on the weapons bug me)

13. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  14. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    How do you explain that they're working on a Masterpiece Megatron tank? Haha.

15. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    Errr... pardon? MP Prime is far from being the best TF ever released. It's ok in bot mode but the semi isn't the greatest. I've seen more exciting and better deluxe figures. You guys live on a weird planet.

16. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

Mp Prime was the most show acurate feel to it

17. leadsled

leadsled the word is "Mortifying"

i am completly stoked about this figure..its gonna be hella good!

18. Binal Convoy

Binal Convoy Peterbilt Model 379

Why should MP-3 not be a G1 Starscream? It's supposed to be a G1 Starscream. I mean it's Masterpiece, not Alternators or 2007 movie design. Anyone saw a completely same truck of MP-1 on the street? Besides, the vehicle mode of MP-3 is realistic enough to a jet. All we ask is a right color scheme. Actually the color of the jet is okay to most of us either. If it's just a jet toy, we'll love the colors, too. The problem is the colors are also on the robot mode. That's what we are complaining of. Masterpiece should be based on G1 as someone said.

Then how do you explain that they made an anime version for drawing people into some funny club? :) 

19. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    It's a bit of a mess certainly.

20. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    News to me. Got solid proof? Haha.

Besides, even if they did, that one would be based on G2, obviously. Perhaps I was too quick with the "It's a G1 line", when what I really meant to emphasize was "It's a masterpiece line" - high quality upgrades of WHATEVER original they are doing, like that Brave one. Haha.

You know damn well this Starscream mold is based on nothing but the G1 likeness, so why shouldn't the colors reflect that? You just won't admit it because you seem to get off on going against the obvious and trying to start pointless arguments. Haha.

Say whatever you want, it's G1 Starscream, and they messed him up. Haha.

Now, with all that out of the way, it IS their property, and they can mess with it however they choose. However, seeing as how they vast majority of posters here seem to think it's an awful color scheme (not to mention the hip kibble), with some hating it so much they won't buy it, perhaps they should reevaluate their odd color choices, and make us actually want to buy it. I certainly hope they do, because I'm not sure anymore that I'll drop that kind of cash for a quasi-Starscream that could have been spot-on.

For companies like Takara/Tomy, money talks, and I sure don't hear it shouting for joy right now, not like it was back before they made the mold and colors look LESS like the original Starscream.