Customs: color help

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by OMEGAPRIME1983, Aug 5, 2011.

1. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hey all, I was wondering if I could get a little help. How can I recreat the glowy yellow white color that would be found on movie OP's blades??? I have the rest of it figured out pretty good, but that white is killin me.. I can't for the life of me decide if it's just white mixed with a touch of yellow, and it'll just be what it is, or if there's come kind of a trick that I should be trying for. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Attached Files:

2. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    It looks like more of a white "glow" over the orange blade, which seems to make it seem yellow. I think you could go with an orange, then do some shading with yellow (blending the two together so that the orange fades into the yellow). Then do some white on the outer edges to highlight it a bit.

You could even do a mix of yellow and white before going all white with the highlight on the edges. Orange, then maybe a yellow or clear yellow, then white/yellow, with a white highlight.

3. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, I was going to do something along those lines, however, I was going to try and use clears over sober solids to get the effect I wanted. Or is that a bad idea?

4. knightwind12

knightwind12 Well-Known Member

neon orange spray fade yellow spray fade white

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yea, I thought of the neon's as well, but I veered away from them because I didn't want it to look so... bright, as opposed to it looking like it was glowing.. I have realized there IS a difference.