Color change? *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by TranstechCat, Apr 13, 2009.

1. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

We know that Soundwave is coming back for a two-part episode. Who thinks that he may get "upgraded" or otherwise somehow adopt his "Electrostatic/Soundblaster" colors? If so, how do you think it'll happen?

Also, Ratbat and Lazerbeak appeances? Neither or both? One after the other, or both at the same time?

Place your bets folks. One week to speculate. :thumbs2: 

2. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do not think Soundwave will change colours, we saw Laserbeak in the TFA: S3 spoilers posted by Derrick Wayatt, and he also posted a cartoon head design for Ratbat, so I assume both will appear.

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Yeah, Omega Soundwave has it right, I think. We've seen cartoon art for both pets, but I doubt Soundwave himself will change colors.

4. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, soundwave is not getting a color change, seems a little pointless, if hes only been in the show for 3 episodes...

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He's not getting a color change, thank goodness.

6. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given the fact that a large chunk of the episode is supposed to take place in virtual reality, where it's easy for Soundwave to change his appearance, I wouldn't be too surprised it they worked in a reference to Soundblaster.

7. kenny86

kenny86 tapedeck

i think he'll be blue ;)  but to sell more repaint when he'll be avaiable they can make him an 'Electrostatic' due the final battle with him, like final upgrade. But i don't think it'll happen.

8. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think that Shockwave will change colors. Because that would be awesome, and awesome must happen. Done. Plus it is more G1-ish so my bet is on it happening.

I don't think that the Soundblaster/Electrostatic repaint will show-up. I think it is just a repaint like Elite Guard BB or Blazing Lockdown. Plus, that repaint would make him look less like classic G1 Soundwave and I think they are trying to stay as close to the classic design as possible. Though, if he goes all Electrostatic in the virtual reality...that would be awesome...the look of the repaint does seem a bit...virtual reality-ish. Cool! Though I CAN see Hasbro doing a repaint just so people have to buy the whole toy all over again just to get Ratbat. Lord knows, I would. Ha ha ha!

Though I do think that both Ratbat and Laserbeak will show up. I am sure that it would have originally been just Ratbat, but again, Hasbro had other plans.

Yay! Only a couple days till Human Error and (hopefully) the return of Soundwave!

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Maybe in part two he'll get blasted or something, I dunno, with electructy that powers him up briefly and maybe...

Damn, all these guys making these crazy theories make it look easy.

10. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Well, technically the "Electrostatic" colors are his old Soundblaster colors. That's still "classic-ish".