College Grants?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Metal Chaos, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    So as it stands I'm unable to find employment and about to be homeless and someone suggested getting financial assistance to go to school. I was told there are assistance programs that help cover things like tuition and living expenses. So I was looking for any information on these programs and I was also wondering one really big question:

Do any of these programs allow you to attend Culinary Schools? I'm just wanting to know because I've always wanted to learn to be a better cook, I have a few reasons for doing this.

1: I want to learn to cook better dishes than just meatloaf and microwave meals.

2: I wouldn't mind being able to get a job as a cook somewhere nicer than a fast food place.

3: When I'm married and have kids I wanna be able to cook for my family, I'm not one of those guys who thinks that men should stay out of the kitchen.

Besides who doesn't wanna be able to cook great dishes?

I'm really hoping it's possible to attend a culinary school on one of these programs.

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    I think the school offers them. So find the school you want, and on the website there should be info on financial aid.

3. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    99.9% of the time, a college/school will have links about financial aid on their website. If they do, read up on them and decide which program you would like to do and will meet your needs.

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Yeah you best best is google and college search sites.

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You can learn that in the military as a cook (we actually have some decent chefs) AND get educational benefits for civilian culinary schools simultaneously.

Snip - 2005 Staff

6. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    fafsa.org or fafsa.com I believe is where you can apply for grants.

7. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

8. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Military, or at very least the national guard. Pretty much a free ride.

UPS has a main hub in Louisville, KY and they will pay for you to attend UofL. Requires moving, but its a job that pays for school.

Home Depot used to pay for certain majors, doubt you would get culinary on that list, but it couldn't hurt to do something else.

JuCo can be really cheap. Not sure what it is in Florida, but in Indiana you can get an Associates degree for about 6,000. There would probably be some culinary classes available there.

Make sure you have your FAFSA filled out.

9. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

or maybe he just dosen't want to sell his butt to Uncle Sam for 4 years.

10. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It's a job (and a home) he's choosing not to take advantage of without real (that is, family, health, or genuine ideological barriers).

Like I said before, it's like saying you're hungry but not wanting an apple (or whatever) because he doesn't like it. That means...well, that you're not really hungry.

11. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Agreed

12. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Just cause I don't want to sale my soul to the army doesn't mean I don't want to work. Why must you be so narrow minded? Please refrain from posting in my thread from now on, thanks.

13. Sideways

Sideways Banned

Squirrelcar's not saying you have to join..It's just an option. Hell, I'm going in.

14. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Sorry you don't have that power chief.

15. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Look, I understand that you don't want to join. And sure, that's okay. It's a free country. To be honest, I wouldn't want to work with people that didn't want to be in anyways, so I'm glad you won't be signing up.

But if you're gonna keep posting these threads whining about how hard your life is and asking for advice and help when there's an option out there that would fix ALL your problems and then some, I'm gonna keep responding with it as a suggestion.

You don't like it, then don't post these threads. That's the only way you can keep me from responding, y'know? Or report my posts and let the mods make a decision. But ordering me to stop isn't gonna cut it on the internets.

Still, if you like ordering people, y'know where you can do lots of that?