collectors

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jclauterback, Oct 8, 2011.

1. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

He could be a scalper but cant say for sure. What i dont get is that i get that some get multiple for their collection but personally as a collector i would prefer to see others get the toy to enjoy. Just my thoughts part of the fun of the toys is coming here to talk about the toys.

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    When someone comes and pulls out every copy of a single figure that is a dead give away that s/he is a scalper.

I had a similar situation happen to me back in the day of the UltraMagnus and Hot Rod TRU reissues. There were about 5 or each at the tru and I was waiting for my friend to show so he can get one. (I already had one) Well a few minutes later a couple comes and takes ALL the Ultra Magnus' and a bunch of Hot Rods. I've been waiting for my friend for well over 15 minutes and was not going to stand for this. I told them that I would be taking one of each for my friend whom I'm waiting for. They came back half assed that they were buying for their friends too. I then proceeded to call them out as scalpers, told them where their shop was and left them speechless. I ended up taking my figures for my friend and they got to keep the other 4 of each.

I would like to add this all too place using a normal voice and through discussion, there were no arguements or scenes. I came, they took, I took back :) 

3. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^this. I mean, he COULD have been a scalper, but who knows. remeber what happens when you ASSuMe...

4. Crystal Convoy

Crystal Convoy Huh? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good to know I'm a scalper. :rolleyes2 

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Well if you go in to a store and buy 5+ of a single figure, yes, yes you are a scalper.

What else are you holding on to so many of the same thing for?

ok ok I conceed you may be a hoarder but then you need to seek professional help.

6. alternator77

alternator77 Well-Known Member

ive grown a little weary of the "im hooking up a fellow collector, and the i want one for bot,one for vehicle,one misb excuses." honestly do people still expect us to believe this nonsense?

yes there are exceptions to this rule and there are collectors who hookup fellow fans but it seems like everyone claims this as their defense. just saying but anyway back on topic

i went to a tru a year ago and there was a little guy looking for mp grimlock and he and his mom couldnt fingd him. when a tru employee looked up and saw 10 of them laying flat on the top of the shelf out of sight. he proceeded to climb up and found 17 of them! well the little guy got his pick of the litter and i found my terradive. we both left happy campers.

while we can sometimes complain about store workers this gentlemen was a great help. shout out to all the people who help find our plastic crack fix:thumb 

7. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    In retrospect, you could have just held on to one of the Ultra Magnus's

8. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    hell i would be happy he is clearing stock off that shelf...maybe they will put some newer stuff out...leader ironhide is not really a scalper's dream toy anyway....how much markup are you going to squeeze out of a $45 toy anyway???

9. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I completely agree and I did make the mistake in not doing so. At the same time I didn't expect a full shelf of higher priced figures to be cleaned out in one go.

Oh well I do not like scalpers and have no issues with being aggressive towards them. They live in a dog eat dog enviroment and I welcome them to try and eat this dog.

10. Koolimus Prime

Koolimus Prime Weapons Expert

If you buy multiples of the same leader class toy, for a reason other than customizing or gifts, you are scalping.

If you buy multiple Scourges or Vehicons, you are not scalping, you are army-building.

If you buy every single DOTM Roadbuster in a praticular store, you are scalping.

If you buy every single DOTM Bumblebee in a praticular store, you are not scalping, you are doing the world a favour. ;) 

11. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    You are refering to the Cyberverse or HA Roadbuster and not the Deluxe one, right?

12. Koolimus Prime

any of them, I'm just using him as an example.

13. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 A real stand-up guy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This times infinity. And can I put this in my sig?

14. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    If you call ahead to see if they have something and they do, have them hold it. I get stuff held at TRU all the time.

15. Koolimus Prime

sure

16. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Three isn't that bad not enough to assume scalping....I for one do at times by three of some movie figures, two forsure, ppics in my collection thread for proof. I oppen one to dispplay one stays misb, and the third if and when I do IS for a friend that doesn't have access to internet and sightings boards. So I help him out if its a figure he wants and can't find. Id do it for board members aswell if asked and I had the extra cash to get another.

17. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I cleared a shelf today at walmart of clearance items. Everyone else had their chance at them so I took advantage of it.

18. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    This.

19. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The only time I've ever been annoyed is when its a new figure (like rodimus) and the shelf is cleared within mins. I have no problem with people buying existing stock that has been sitting. Make room for them to put out more stuff!

20. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    For all I know, collectors I know only buy 2 of each character.