Collectors Storage

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rodimus Billionaire, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Rodimus Billionaire

Rodimus Billionaire Well-Known Member

What's the best way to store your Transformers? Do you keep the junk inside the boxes if you want to collapse them to conserve space?

2. Corbet

Corbet Wanderer

When I packed away my Armada/Energon/Cybertron figures I put each figure with accessories and minicon in ziplock bags. Obviously this isn't possible with some of the bigger ones. I also put their instructions and any stats/stickers in the bags also. I then put mine in USPS cardboard boxes based on series and size. I imagine you could also buy some of those huge 18-gallon plastic containers.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I keep a large part of my collection boxed up. I've got far too many to have them all out right now, but I'm hoping to one day have a collection room to display more of them.

4. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Same here. At the moment I have 3 large closets full of boxed/carded TFs & Zoids, and a small selection on display.

5. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I keep most of the new stuff I buy MISB, so they stack very easily and remain protected.

I currently have all of my stuff displayed. When I moved a couple years ago, I put each TF into their alt mode and placed the TF with their accessories into ziploc bags.

I don't personally collapse any TF boxes, I keep all of the inner packaging intact inside of the box in case I want to re-box the toy. But again, I don't have many boxed TFs that I've even taken out of their boxes. It really comes down to personal choice; I'd prefer to save the junk and just keep it in the box.

6. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I have two big plastic storage tubs in the basement, everything gets transformed into alt mode, and then chucked into either of said tubs when I'm tired of looking at it, or the current line ends and the new one starts up.

7. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Pretty much all my toys are on display, a lot of my packaging is in boxes in the shed, newer packaging that I've recently opened is sitting on top of the display shelves, stacked up high and all over the place like a crazy Transformers Boxes version of Tetris.

8. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

I have to open all my TF, so i put em in totes each series has two totes, cons, and bots, then there all stacked up in the corner of my bedroom, I have a 1-year-old, that thinks there all her's, so I can't display em right now.

9. Laquah

Laquah Wanna be a Canadian Idiot TFW2005 Supporter

Ziplocs/pastic baggies are the best way to go if you want to keep everything organized in a large tub. I like to put down a line of thin bubble wrap between each layer of TFs though

10. Rodimus Billionaire

When I take my minicons out, what do I do with the plastic bubble? I try to carefully tear it off. Does keeping the bubble help increase the value of the toy if I want to resell it one day? I guess it depends what people want in 20 years. "You should of kept all those bubbles 'Bubbleboy!' " LOL So, it's nice to just stack 100 cards so they all fit in 1 box! I do keep the instructions, name insert, etc and click them together. Just wondering if keeping the bubble and the cardboard junk from the boxes increases the value or not.

11. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    LMAO, that's just funny... transformer tetris

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Armada & up on mine, every line is divided into 3 boxes. One for basics, one for deluxes and a big box for the larger ones.
    The rest are stored in thin stackable storage containers. Every container /box has bubblewrap in the bottom & top and their all in ziplok baggies. Most are in alt mode.

All the packaging are stored in large garbage bags, with a small list taped to them telling what's in there

13. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

I did a smiliar thing with mine and in the process of moving I put them in bins and packed them snug with some kind of packing matarial.

14. Rodimus Billionaire

I have collapsed the boxes I could. The cardboard and stuff that's on the inside I'm just going to throw away. Doesn't seem it would affect the value. then again, I don't plan on giving up my collection anytime soon. If I'm keeping Trans from 20 years ago, why would I give up 20 years from now?

15. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    When I moved about a year ago I used these tupperware boxes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and then put them on display in a case. Since then, I have gotten too many to display so I am just using the same tupperware boxes again until I can get another display case. Don't worry, they are all placed very carefully in the boxes and positioned so they aren't damaged and can't shift around.

16. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I box 'em and keep 'em in a spare bedroom. G1 is at the left, progressing to Armada in the middle to Alts and Classics at the far right.

[​IMG]