Collector's Club

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by derbyhat7, Oct 21, 2009.

1. derbyhat7

derbyhat7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I am looking into joining, but i noticed it said you will receive a free TF if you join before march 16th. Obviously it is past that date, but I can wait till the new year and get a new membership and take advantage of the free TF. Curious, what was this year's TF? Anyone know? Does anyone know next years' TF and is it worth the wait until Jan or should I go ahead and join now?

2. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    I joined about this same time last year and got this years toy (which was Heatwave). You can check in the Resources section under Convention Exclusives for past releases. The upcoming toy(s) is supposed to be Punch/Counterpunch. Now is a good time to start because they're starting a new story arc with their comic/magazine they release every other month, or so.

3. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This year's free membership toy was Heatwave, a partially-translucent redeco and minor remold (new gestalt head) of the Energon Barricade mold. While Heatwave is a Deluxe with some remolding, the Club exclusives in the previous four years were Scouts with no remolding (Energon gestalt limb figures).

Next year's free toy has yet to be announced, although it sounds like TFCC (and Hasbro) has chosen what it is and just hasn't released the information yet. A Punch/Counterpunch redeco (remold?) of the TFU 2.0 Sunstreaker mold is due to come out next year as a Club exclusive, which members can get at a discount price, but is NOT the "free" membership figure.

This thread in the News section provides some confirmation of the above info:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/274445-tfcc-update.html

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  4. Thelbert

Thelbert Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad someone made a thread about this. I've been thinking of joining also, but didn't know if I joined now if i'd be eligible for the free figure as well. a Punch/Counterpunch is a HUGE incentive to join up asap. Thanks for the infos!

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i so want a p/cp next year, saves me brutalizing another sideswipe or sunstreaker, hopefully the free figure is good too

6. Driftscreen

Driftscreen Not-So-Mini-Con

I too have been thinking about joining...seems that since Im spending time on here and hunting for my new growing collection all the time...seems like the right idea...anyone whos already a member...is it worth it?

7. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

So basically, if one were to join the TFCC now, they'll be able to get the free figure that's bound to come out next year?

8. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

Depends how highly you value exclusive figures. In terms of what you get vs. Retail price of figs it's not, and you're unlikely to turn a profit selling the exclusives, but you do get stuff you can't get anywhere else.

International membership is painfully expensive though, so I can't bring myself to join.

9. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    You join the club for one year, you get a free figure. The deadline just makes a difference between WHICH free figure you get. You join before the deadline, you get next year's free figure. You join after the deadline, you get the free figure the year after that. There's no "You join between March and December, you get nothing" screw.

10. Driftscreen

Driftscreen Not-So-Mini-Con

well then never mind...thanks for the info though

11. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So Punch/Counterpunch is the freebee this year?

12. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Emphasized for your convenience.