Collector's Club: Seacons, Fan Favorite, Wreckers Finale P2

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, Sep 19, 2007.

1. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    As I said in the post just before the one you quoted, it was confirmed that the Seacons were never in production at the Hasbro tour at BotCon 2007.

2. Baltan

Baltan Space Ninja

Bit of a surprise, with these being one of the bigger announcements from Hasbro at the time, and dates back to Energon... Most likely, despite complaints from some, I think we will be seeing the Piranhaking colors as opposed to Piranacon.

And I'm glad I'm not crazy, and it's just Insane Galvatron that was. :p  If the Seacons were already produced, Hasbro would have already dumped them somewhere, like the Astrotrain and Sideswipe reissues, not horde them.

3. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Here is hoping the set comes in at under a hundred bucks, but not holding my breath. For whoever mentioned Toxitron as the fan favorite, you just made my day with reminding about that! And if they are able to use Alternator molds then I would imagine wither Frenzy or Trailbreaker.

4. red00wolf

red00wolf Insatiable collector

i dont see how u think the word of random transformer fan #45474 would sway them in any way. i guess im just stupid.

5. jasonw

jasonw Well-Known Member

I work on a TV show at the mo' that gets hundreds of thousands of viewers. Do we act on every viewers suggestions? No. Do we take them on board if someone suggest something we like the sound of? Yes. Now bearing in mind the run for FPs toys is about what? a 1000? 2000? I think it might be worth them taking time to listen to fans. I'd like to think they do. I've always gotten a reply from them whenever I've mailed them. They could set up an auto reply if they didn't give as crap.

And besides I'm #45473

Easy mistake to make ;-)

6. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Given the demonstrated technical prowess (or lack thereof) FP's demonstrated in the past, I wouldn't bet on it.

7. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The funny/weird/sad thing is, I thought of Toxitron first upon reading the "fan favorite" quote. I'D love for it to be him, but I doubt many others would. (Though ambushbug74 seems to be a lock. :)  )

Also, let's remember that we've heard for a long time that the club can't use Alts.

8. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd like Toxitron too.. :D 

Chris

9. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Yeah, if the 2 for this year were Universe Seacons and Toxitron I'd be absolutely STOKED! Though I'm betting it will be a smaller one personally like last time 1 large & 1 small...

10. Jarodimus

News Credits:
    OK, so maybe Toxitron IS a fan-favorite....

11. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bluh? Toxitron wasn't an Alt, he was a repaint of RiD Scourge/G2 Laser Prime.

12. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmm... I would have a hard time getting excited about Toxitron, as G2 Laser Prime is one of my least favorite molds ever. Many folks cite him among their favorites though, so go figure.

As long as we're wishin'... for the next 2-4 years, I'd like to see at least one of the exclusives be pre-beast-mode BW characters. Continue to fill out that group/theme for a while... Scorponok (from Energon Landmine) & Terrorsaur (from BM Jetstorm) would be at the top of my list.

13. Jarodimus

News Credits:
    Sorry, should've been clearer. I was moving on and referring to the handful of posts in this thread speculating on the possibility of Alt Frenzy. 'Swhy I made it a new paragraph. :) 

Last edited: Sep 22, 2007
  14. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

:sly: 

I'd be one of the latter. Love the mold, but balk at the idea of Toxitron. To get that puke colored mess instead of a proper G1 homage color scheme on the mold would be a waste.

As for my wish for the fan favorite, put me down for Titanium Skywarp or Classics Seeker #7 (Sunstorm, Limestorm, don't care).

15. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I love the Laser Optimus mold. Probably on my top ten .... but I wouldn't buy it as Toxitron.

-airfox