Collectors Club Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by socko76, Aug 1, 2011.

1. socko76

socko76 Well-Known Member

So I'm thinking of joining the club but I have a question.

My 1st question is: when should I join? I see on their site that you need to register before a certain date to get the free club figure.

My other question is: is it worth the $58 for a Canadian membership?

Thoughts?

2. silverstreak70

silverstreak70 Well-Known Member

As far as when to join, anytime between now and sometime in March of next year will get you next year's club exclusive. It's too late to join and get this year's exclusive free, but you may still be able to order it once all pre-registers have been shipped. You get 6 color newsletter magazines a year as well, along with rights to any other club exclusives besides the free one. Is it worth it? That is a decision each has to make, depending on whether or not you feel it is. I would suggest getting feedback from other Canadians, and trying it yourself for one year to determine whether or not it is worth it to you.

3. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

The biggest question you should ask yourself is are you going to Botcon next year? If yes, the savings alone will pay for the membership. Otherwise you just have to decide if you wanna pay 58.00 for Runabout. Or Runamuck. Whichever is the freebie.

4. misternewuzer

misternewuzer Predacon Secret Police

I have a question. If I join now I'll be put up for a Runamuck, sure.... but what about the issues themselves? will I start with the November/ December issue, or will I start with the January/ February issue? I know there is a yearly comic printed across issues, I'd hate to miss how 2012's ends.

5. rotceh

rotceh Member

IF to become the member outside the US, what about the ship fee for the figure?

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

As I understand it, the shipping costs for the free figure are included in your membership fee (although you will probably end up receiving said toy several months after US-based members). From what I've seen and in my own experience, it's cheaper to NOT become a member and simply pick up the exclusive figures on the secondary market.

7. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The issue that's getting ready to ship, #41, will be cover dated October/November 2011 and will contain Part 5 of "Battle Lines." If you were to join today, I can't say if you'd receive this issue or if you'd start with the December 2011/January 2012 issue. Either way you'd miss Part 6 of the 2012 story, unless of course you renew your membership.