Collectors club magazine issue 47 arrived

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by bossprime, Oct 4, 2012.

1. bossprime

bossprime wrecker

So this issue arrived and it has an article on minicon's, a page for the new sg ehobby set, profiles on soundwave and blaze, and that's really it other than the comic.

2. bossprime

bossprime wrecker

Also through my skim through I didn't se anything on the fss.

3. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

They had a page about the SG EHobby Set, saying get your order in by 10/2!

The issue arrived after 10/2.

Great job guys.

4. Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man Well-Known Member

Gotta love Dr. Cox-er, SG Glit and original Glit.

Seriously, if we get one repaint out of the MP version of Ravage, Glit would be a winner for his personality.

5. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got mine, here is a synopsis (spoilers for the plot)

Cover - Picture of TFP Voyager Dreadwing and three Botshots (Skywarp, Megatron and Shockwave)
    2 - Editors desk says expect to see the TFSS figures and club Depth Charge in the fiction next year, and condolences to Jesse Wittenrich on the death of his sister Darlene. Information on the next Botcon later this fall.
    3 - In package pictures of toys already on the shelves (how is this a story again?)
    4-5 - The Many faces of Mini-Cons Ten Years Later! by Gregg Black. Includes some club art of Mini-Cons and pictures of Greg' Mini-Con collection.
    6 - Flash Forward Part 5. The Go-Bots are clones of existing Transformers. Gobot Bumblebee is a Bumblebee clone, etc.
    7 - Side Burn gets shot down by Nightracer.
    8 - Skybyte speaks in ryhme? Sideswipe seems to be a full-on shapeshifter, does this mean we get to write that the Botcon Sharkticon was repurposed into G2 Sideswipe? ;)  Sideswipe meets his own clone!
    9 - Sideswipe gets to play his own clone too. So now I need two of that toy!
    10 - Sideswipe gets the 5 cent tour of the evil overlord's lair.
    11 - After a long delay Sideswipe fineally gets the hint from Spark and frees him.
    12 - Bio for Autobot Blaze. Personality change when exposed to Forstoneite, so he changed his name. His power is super marksmanship and the ability to ricochet his shots at his a target anywhere.
    13 - Bio for Soundwave clone. He's basically Soundwave, but loyal to Jhaixus and in car form.
    14-15 photos of SG Soundwave vs. Blaster set.
    16 - Transformers IQ - trivia about Transformers human allies. Recordicons - SG Ravage meets G1 Glit. Cameo by a Kreo vehicle (the one with Cliffjumper).

6. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    And this issue really wasn't even running late.

7. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    Here's where I get confused. We got some hints about the nature of the clones last issue, where one of the Autobots recognized Mirage, and thought he was the real one (i.e., not the clone), and thus a traitor (the clone Mirage was merely confused as to what they were talking about).

This suggests that the clones do indeed look like their counterparts.

In this issue, although its not absolutely clear, Sideswipe seems to recognize his clone as himself (although he doesn't quite get it when Jhiaxus calls him by his own name a moment later, hence the ambiguity).

If Sideswipe DID, at some previous point, look like his Go-Bot form, when would this have been? Before Forestonite exposure? After? (One might even presume that Sideswipe reverted to his red form after Forestonite as a "default" mode, depending on how they want to order events)

I also find myself wondering if Sideswipe's shapeshifting includes significant size-shifting, since the Go-Bots/clones look to be a bit smaller than everyone else, but that's a separate matter.

8. Scaleface

News Credits:
    Transformers seem to have an innate ability to tell each others identities even if reformatted. I mean look at Cliffjumper in SG. Everyone recognized him as CJ despite being a different color and having a common body frame. Maybe its a unique EM field humans cannot sense?

9. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    It's an idea, although having the body be the same seems like a huge detail that shouldn't be glossed over.

Pete? Thoughts?

10. Scaleface

News Credits:
    CJ also seems to recognize people with different bodies in SG, like Sideswipe. I was thinking it was by voice or something back when I read that comic. Maybe it is their EM field. Something humans can't sense. To us "they all look alike", while to a Cybertronian looking at another they see things we would miss.

11. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    These Gobots, what figures are they based on?

12. Scaleface

News Credits:
    All the G2 Gobots who were not original characters except Optimus Prime and Megatron, plus Botcon Nightracer.