Collector's Club Magazine #19 (Universe/Classics 2.0 Wave 1 Descriptions!)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Veloxiraptor, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Kinda, yeah. The front of the jet rotates and forms his legs, in a way that's different, but incredibly reminiscent of the Energon A-10 combiner limbs. His upper body is the rear of the jet, with the tail assembly folding forward over the engines, which end up in a kind of boobish position (albeit with a greyish silver piece with the Autobot symbol between them,) with clear orange light up bits in front.

2. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
  3. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

4. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    Me? I posted a Cadallac-Gage LAV-300, an American light armoured vehicle made for export. Peaugh posted a picture of a Turkish FNSS PARS 8-wheeled armoured vehicle. He previously posted a picture German Rheinmetall AG Wiesel AWC.

I think you confused my post with a Russian BTR-70/80/90, which Cybertron Defense Red Alert transformed into.

5. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Prowl, Powerglide, and (as of the last few posts) Onslaught sound pretty promising. Knowing me, I'll probably like Tankor, too.

Here's hoping I have one of my fluke get-the-mag-before-the-1st months.

Also, let me add my vehement support to a Lambo remold into Punch/Counterpunch -- as a retail release, Club exclusive, or BotCon exclusive. Just SOMEHOW. I simply don't see Hasbro doing a brand new mold for him, and the Lambo is the best candidate for him. With new thumbs-in-the-middle fists and a new head with some sort of flippy panel to make both faces, he'd be a done deal.

Jetfire was Classics, where the goal was apparently homage first and foremost.

Galvatron (if he happens) will be Universe, where we've been told the creative priority is realistic alt mode > character. I'd be happy for Galvy to be an exception, though.

Graped For Truth.

6. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    It's definitely closer to that, although without a proper turret (although the guns MAY rotate under there, the shield blocks any good look at the top of the vehicle itself.) The mine plows seem odd, since they don't actually go anywhere a mine would, unless they float in the air. The blades jut up in front of the windows, kind of like the jaw of a bulldog, and don't seem from the angle in the picture, to rotate towads the ground. Sorry if I'm being confusing, it's hard to describe some of this without actually posting a pic, but I'd prefer not to break the rules of the club. And besides, I don't have access to a scanner even if I wanted to.

7. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Grape me a club magazine that actually gets here within the first 3/4 of the two month arrival window! ;_;

8. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ok, NOW I'm worried.

I hope that was just a joke on your part, Peaugh.

9. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

I wish. It's probably not as bad as it comes across in type without being able to see a picture, but Powerglide does have him some orange light-up nipples.

10. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    lol orange nipples

Okay so if Bruticus is (most likely) out of the picture and Dev's been done lately, and IF they do decide to make a combiner, what's the most logical choice now?
    My money is on Menasor, or Defensor. With the slight chance of Superion.

11. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    Shouldn't the one true fan be able to see into the future and already know what they look like?

12. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Zing!

13. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    *Vader* NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

He's suppose to be a Transformer, not a Transvestite.

14. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I'm getting tired of meticulously detailed, yet highly subjective descriptions.

Being that we can't get photos... can somebody draw a picture of what some of these look like?

A loose, sketchy, but still representative picture that is in no way, shape or form just a doctored photo or hyper-realistic?

Surely that could be allowed?

zmog

15. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not in -January-!! Don't you read your Transformers Fandom paperwork?!

16. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Again, no way of getting it into an electronic form to share, currently. It's not my intention to antagonize anyone, just trying to answer questions and describe some of the figures we're seeing.

17. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    If they (the club and/or Hasbro) won't even let us DRAW what the toys look like, they can just fuck off. I'm allowed to draw things in a vaugue manner without showing the detailed photo.

Obviously not :( 

Where might I find this fandom paperwork? What powers do you have in January?!?

18. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I think a lot of folks need to listen/read more closely what's posted sometimes.

Hasbro said at one or other panel that this line was called Universe because it was for a mish mash of new toys that would keep the movies real vehicle asthetic on shelves while Animated ruled the roost as the main line.

Kickback once said that Universe deisgns were done by picking a real world vehicle that they though would be cool first and then applying a character to it. Powerglide and Onslaught would seem to be proof of this.

I personally thought that it would be best to stop calling this Classics 2.0 a while back because it clearly isn't Classics. It's what Hasbro said it would be, a new Universe that would have a few Fan pleasing figures (IDW inspired Sunstreaker and Prowl) here and there.
    Also, this is supposed to be a longer lasting line, with that thought it makes sense that Hasbro wouldn't release all their G1 styled figures at once like they did with Classics.

I think that if peeps stop expecting this to be the massive fanwank line that the first Classics was and just take the toys as they come then perhaps we won't be so dissapointed.

In plain English,
    I think that Sunstreaker & Prowl are the classics continuations for this wave with Tankor, Onslaught & Powerglide being intended for kids. They have G1 names assigned to preserve them and some nods to old characters to try and throw a bone to fans.
    Which is exactly what Hasbro has already been doing for years.

19. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    EDIT: Nevermind. Not worth the crap my comments would cause to be thrown my way. Enjoy!

20. GBNR

GBNR Well-Known Member

I didn't read this whole thread, so it's probably been discussed already, but I was pretty darn disappointed when I saw how little care they took in the transformations. I think there are several significant mistakes in PGlide, Octane and Prowl's transformations. In the case of PGlide and Octane, from what I am guessing, it makes the toys look sloppy and lame (whereas they COULD look pretty cool, if TF'ed correctly).

I dunno how it works, but wouldn't the Universe Line director watch over the photography/transformations their sneak previews? I'd probably get fired for letting something like this happen, and I work for a company that has a MUCH lower profile than Hasbro.