Collector's Club Magazine #19 (Universe/Classics 2.0 Wave 1 Descriptions!)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Veloxiraptor, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you saying I'm an axe-murdering psychotic? That's not true! :cry 

Grr, you're making so mad I want to axe-murder somebody! With an axe! :mad 

2. butz

butz slippery when wet

Prowl sounds good, not sure what to make of the rest till I see pics. But electronics on the ultras? Why? I'd rather they did something worthwhile with them, not give them fucking obnoxious lights and sounds. I can deal with Onslaught not combining, but what point is there behind giving him, of all characters, electronics features? Hell, why not do an ultra-sized Galvatron if they were going to go that route? Onslaught makes absolutely no sense here.
    Anyways, what do they say that strongly implies Onslaught won't combine? At that size class I don't doubt it, but I'm just curious what they say.

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

In the caption for Onslaught, it says something along the lines of "With looks like these, who needs combiner friends?" Not an explicit statement that he won't combine, but it's not looking likely.

4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Dude I want a Six shot Ultra figure. Hell yea. Instead of electronics, just focus on the transformation gimmick. That and an Ultra Scorponok. A headmaster version. Headmasters FTW. Also the Magnus armor that bwtf.com spoke about, and that Valkysas mentioned earlier(GOOD EYE MAN, I did not even catch that in Ben's review!). Oh yea.

GOD GINRAI!!!

yea yea powermasterprime in the states bla bla.

I froth at thee mouth for a God GinraiZsZzzz combining figureSSssssSssssSss

Anyways I thought Sideswipe was in the 1st wave, oh well. Itching to see Powerglide the most, realistic A-10 ftw! I hope he is sleek, not too chubby. and the vertical stabilizers are not tiny.

5. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

So by strongly implies you actually mean makes a vauge off hand comment that means dick. Got ya!

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Wrong 'chrome', man.

Hasbro is avoiding vaccum-metalised plastic in mainlines, where the entire piece undergoes vac-metalisation process, a process that changes the tolerances of the plastic, making it brittle.

Cyber Keys have painted chrome symbols. The plastic is still within it's normal tolerances. I can't remember when Hasbro used chrome in Energon.

7. butz

butz slippery when wet

I'd say between that and the huge size, it's pretty much dead in the water.
    Seriously though, why not do a major character like Galvy as a first wave ultra if it's going to have electronics?? Y'know, someone where a light feature might actually make sense (looking at G1 Onslaught, I sure as hell don't think "wow, they should make a version of him where his windshields light up and make annoying noises for no apparent reason!!!". Sigh. Don't get me wrong, from the cover pic at least, he looks neat and I'll likely get him (unless this "pillbug" vehicle mode is somehow worse than I could ever imagine) but this just sounds like a tremendously wasted opportunity here.
    It's almost like they deliberately wanted to use only low profile characters (excluding Prowl, for some reason) for Universe.

8. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    He is most definitely NOT the most realistic A-10, unfortunately. It's closer than Cybertron Wing Saber, but he's still chubby up front. Although part of it may be the missle launcher that attaches under his nose. He DOES have some nice sized vertical stabilizers.

As to whoever asked about retractable landing gear, Octane doesn't seem to have any, I can't see the right areas to tell on Powerglide, but I think I can see retractable wheels on his forearms in robot mode.

9. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Well, for starters, I wasn't the one who used the phrase "strongly implies," that was veloxiraptor. And while that statement doesn't flat out say " does not combine," I tend to agree that it does imply it. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for him to turn out to be a combiner, I'm just not getting my hopes up.

10. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Thanks for the clarification man, also I meant I was looking forward to seeing him the most. Not him being the most realistic A-10(I wish). Hey does he look like he may have originally been planned for the movie line, but moved over to Classics? Or, if pictured next to movie figures, would he fit in, or look out of place?

Glad to hear about the stabilizers. Nearly every A-10 toy out in recent years has tiny vertical stabs.

11. butz

butz slippery when wet

I guess it's vague enough that one could argue it means he is simply not being released with his combiner buddies, but lets look at all the evidence here: he's an ultra (larger than any previous traditional 5-bot combiner piece), he already purportedly has electronics as a gimmick anyways (ugh), so far we know 3 of the overall 8 deluxes in this line (its pretty unlikey that 4 out of the remaining 5 slots are going to be the other Combaticons (with Swipe being the 5th)), and then the mag makes a comment to the effect of "who needs the others anyways?"
    Pretty much dead in the water there.

12. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    Also, I would think combiners would all be released in the same wave.

13. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Not to me. Given the context.

14. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can someone describe Onslaughts vehicle mode a little better?

When you guys say "ladybug" and "pillbug", it puts an odd picture in my head.

Is he a round tank?

Can someone maybe post a pic of a real world vehicle that closely resembles him?

15. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    He definitely looks like he's part of the classics line, although I doubt he'd look horrible with the movie figs. Not sure about the light-up engine "boobs" though.

16. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Picture that, but instead of treads, it has three wheels on each side, and instead of the giant turret on top, picture his robot mode shield sitting on top with the two guns on his back sticking out from under it (facing foward). That's closest I've found to his basic shape so far.

17. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    That actually sounds kinda neat. Basically an impossible-to-take-down heavy armor 'tank'.

The Decepticons need some serious ground power in Classics/Universe. After all, a train with a gun mounted on it, a tapedeck, a robot panther, a Go-Bot, a wolf, and some Minicons don't quite cut it.

18. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    So you just mean he's an APC? Also, not the best picture to choose as you'll give people the wrong impression about it's scale to itself...

19. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Thanks! That sounds and looks better!

Um... Powerglide has boobs?

20. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

Well, it's not the best picture, but he's just so odd looking it's hard to find something close. This is somewhat similar too, if you chop it off behind the third wheel:

[​IMG]

He's not as bulky under the very front (he's actually got a couple of three pronged blade things in front, ala movie Brawl/Devastator, but they come up from underneath and sit closer to the body of the vehicle.), and his shield just lays on top of the vehicle.