Collector's Club Magazine #19 (Universe/Classics 2.0 Wave 1 Descriptions!)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Veloxiraptor, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor Moé than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    I just got the TFCC magazine in the mail today. It has pictures of the whole first wave of Classics 2, even Octane/Tankor, who honestly is lookin' kinda goofy to me.

Also: Though they avoid saying it outright, they do STRONGLY suggest that Onslaught is NOT part of a combiner.

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Either way, Onslaught still looks like a really cool figure. It would be extremely awesome if he does turn out to be part of a combiner, but, I'm not going to hold my breath for it.

3. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    ^So...how does Powerglide and Prowl look?

4. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor Moé than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    I would say Prowl looks all right. He's got bodybuilder proportions with big wide shoulders. His robot mode is definitely better than the Alt version, that's for sure.

And Powerglide looks PIMP even though he's hard to recognize as Powerglide. Yes, he's a huge A-10, but he's mostly white (he looks quite a bit like Cybertron Wing Saber, really). And I think the photo of his robot mode is mistransformed, because his shoulders are completely unattached to his body...

5. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    Nice.....so Prowl...does he have the classic Hood for a chest?

6. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Oooh, you must share your thoughts on all 5 (or at least the 3 new ones).

Maybe a brief (unbiased) description of what they look like?

7. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Are the magazine pics a no-no, as well? I'm not asking to see them, just how dangerous it would be for someone to scan them...

Will Hasbro be releasing the pics in the magazine online to the rest of us in the future?

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    If they are the official photos, they'll wind up on Hasbro's website. Based on Sunstreaker, they are likely to be the official photos, so yes. Based on the UK and Scandanavian release dates, I'd say the photos will be public by May at latest.

And TFCC magazine scans are a no-no. Scanning, distributing copies of scans or posting the locations of scans will resut in warnings and/or infractions.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  9. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    Cool, thanks for the info!! :thumb 

*waits for May...*

10. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Just got my mag.

Prowl DOES have the classic hood for a chest look, along with door "wings." His car mode kinda sucks though(mostly due to the solid black windows. He looks like he should be a pretender in vehicle mode). He definitely looks like an updated G1 Prowl.

Honestly, Sunstreaker looks like the best overall, Prowl's got a nice robot mode, but they generally kind of suck. Octanes truck mode looks a lot like the concept art, his jet looks like a hot dog bun with TINY wings, and his robot mode looks like a stick figure with giant alt mode kibble bits pasted on.. Onslaught's got a good robot mode, but his "tank" mode looks like a ladybug in onslaught colors, just add wheels and stick that giant shield on top, and Powerglide, while CLEARLY not transformed correctly, looks like a pile of ass as is. I'm at least reserving final judgment on him until I see him properly transformed. Universe is definitely a step backwards from Classics. I'll be nabbing Sunstreaker and Prowl, the rest? Eh.

Club Exclusive Nightbeat looks nice though!!

11. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Heh heh.

[​IMG]

12. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Can't say I'm surprised. Octane never had much hope. Look at his original toy and looks at Astrotrains classic form. Space-choochoo's shuttle form was festooned with train kibble, as was his robot form. His train form was rediculous looking. And his robot form had really odd purportions (his legs were 90% shin and 10% thigh). That Octane is in the same boat is not a surprise.

13. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Heh. Actually, one of the things I DO like about the Powerglide mold is that they kept the way the arms are on the wings and fold up next to the body like the old toy. It's just a shame whoever transformed it for the photos didn't bother. He looks like someone mated a G1 Powerglide with Beast Machines Ultra Jetstorm, then dipped everything but the head in white paint. His jet mode looks way too much like an oversized Energon Terradive for my tastes. It's a decent look for a basic, an ultra? Not so much.

14. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn. My hopes are slowly circling the drain :( 

15. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I liked Classics Astrotrain well enough. His space shuttle and robot modes were pretty decent, and the paint job helped mask the train bits in shuttle mode. His train mode looked a little weak, but was forgivable due to the strength of the other two. And to be fair, the truck mode on Tankor looks nice, but the other two look like so much crap.

Prowl and Sunstreaker are definitely nice. Onslaught looks pretty nice in robot mode, but his alt mode looks so freaking ridiculous. Octane I'm not feeling much, and as much as I REALLY wanted to like Powerglide, I just can't. Although again, he's the one that is most clearly not transformed correctly in robot mode, and I'd really like to see that done correctly to make a call. I'm not really into the his A-10 mode, but he'd be displayed in robot mode most of the time anyway, so that's really the dealbreaker there. I'm not quite as hateful on them as I was when I got my initial look at the pics, but what flaws really stuck out from that first viewing keep getting magnified the more I look at them.

EDIT: The more I look at the pics, I think there MIGHT be a few tweaks to the transformation of Octane's robot mode that might make him look less ridiculous. And Powerglide might look okay with his arms correctly positioned and if there's any way to fold down the tailfins behind his head so they're not visible.

16. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Exaaaactly. Punch/CounterPunch are EXCELLENT fodder for Botcon exclusives. Unlike the Seekers, which left a lot of people out in the cold, wondering why they should have to pay so much to have versions of such ubiquitous characters.

Interesting. Prowl's an old fave of mine... glad he doesn't look too flimsy, since he's actually one of the stronger autobots.

So, sort of like Jetfire colours? Hm. While I like the emerging theme of the Autobot airforce colours being red and white (Jetfire, Powerglide (almost), most of the Aerialbots, Scattershot, Strafe, and various versions of the characters since...), it kind of bugs me that they would take a recognizable character like Powerglide and do a classics version that isn't really identifiably the Powerglide we all know. I don't quite understand the reasoning.

Yay! Hood-chest! Why are people down on the vehicle mode? Is it just because he doesn't have clear windows like the other Classics? I mean, if he's great in other ways, I can handle that. :) 

Is it a sleek sporty police car, or a beast? Does he have a light bar, or those annoying little cones like the new cars have (and IDW Prowl)?

Black and white? Classic colours?

Damn... they really should have hired that asian guy who did the custom Wheelie, Cyclonus, Powerglide and Octane figures. HE had the right idea!
    Hmm... That's unfortunate. If it's as bad as all that, I'll probably get the bot cars, but if Powerglide is that weak, I'll pass... and I'll be happy to use Movie Jetstorm as my Octane. :) 

zmog

17. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Ah, I see where you're coming from now. I'd rather see a completely new toy myself and given how many random nods and such there are in animated I think it's almost imposisble to say what Hasbro is and isn't interested in any more.
    But if not then yeah, I could see myself buying a Punch/Counterpunch double set, as long as it was well done of course.

Ouch, that does not bode well for this line, even with animated turning out to be great it sounds like Hasbro could have a lot of upset fans on their hands based on the few posts so far.

Which is why triple changers and the like should be larger size class toys, bigger size = more room for engineering kibble out of the way and correcting proportions.

I'll have to wait a little while longer to see them for myself but suddenly I'm not so excited.

18. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Well, that's a bummer. I guess the Universe line is sort of an afterthought... trying to keep a few G1 fans satiated while the mainlines go in new design directions. Sounds like they sort of rushed these figures.

Oh well. I'll wait to see the photos (and toys) in person before I make any final decisions about the line.

19. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Prowl, deco wise, looks almost exactly like this G1 self. Black and white, with POLICE in big white letters on the doors. Lightbar on top, his car mode looks sporty, very much like a new mold based on his original G1 car mold. Wheels on the shoulders (and it looks like part of that "broad shoulders comment may be due to the fact that they aren't swung back QUITE all the way. Also, in the pic, he's kind of in a Pump. You UP! kind of pose.), door wings, Rear window in the shins, he's a very nice update to the original. And the windows may not be solid black, that could just be the pic. They look more transparent in robot mode. The more I look at Prowl the more I LOVE him in robot mode. He's even got his shoulder missile launchers, although I can't tell if they actually fire. There's just something about his vehicle mode that seems...off, although I can't put my finger on it.

20. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube: