Collectors and wives!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Flyby33, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    As long as I spend less on tf a month than she spends on cigarettes, she's got no come back, and I've told her that I'll stop collecting when she gives up ;) 

Seriously though, apart from the odd package that I've snuck in under the radar, she's pretty cool, every now and then she'll ask how much something costs, and I'll tell her how much it was (no point lying, she can see the bank statements as well) but I'll always point out that it was a bargain/worth paying extra for because it'll never be released over here/an investment since nothing will lose too much value. Apart from that she just moans that I've got toys on my shelves, and on the desk, and in the bedroom, and the wardrobe, and in pieces in the dining room...

2. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

1) It's your money, so your wife's opinion shouldn't matter.
    2) After reading these responses, I have no idea why some of you are even together.

3. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    Getting nails done is about $50 and lasts two weeks. I don't say how much of a waste of money that sort of thing is and my Wife doesn't say much about me buying toys.

4. mjcrow

mjcrow Well-Known Member

My wife tolerates my hobby. She doesnt like it much but it could be worse,I could be spending it on drugs like the everyone else I grew up with.I thought she was gonna die when I told her how much I spent on G1 Scorponok.

5. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    The Wifey was never supportive in my hobby. In fact, she hated 'em plastics. as they were totally worthless in her eyes...

...Till she saw the kind of dough that's coming in when I offloaded my Robot Masters & Micron Legend collection back in the days when we were planning to get hitched. :lol 

So these days, I just "conveniently" told her that I'm buying this & that for the hobby. And that I'll sell 'em when the interest died down so that's when I'll get back MORE than what I started with. :ev: 

I can see her beaming with a smile.

6. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

Nice to see most of your wives/GFs are supportive. Mine's not. When I started collecting, she stopped helping with the bills. Whenever I think about kicking her out, I think about how-

1) I'll have to go to nude beaches by myself.
    2) I'll have to go to Fantasy Fest by myself.

If only there were more TF loving freak bitches out here... (sigh)

7. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I'm currently separated and filing for divorce pretty soon, but my ex-wife thought my hobby was stupid and dumb. She hated the fact I would spend on these toys but never asked how much I spend on them, but I always had to be sneaky when bringing in packages in my apartment, I always made sure that she was not yet home from work when picking up a package at the front desk of my apartment, nor I let her know that I ordered something in the first place. It really sucked at the time when I was with her and no we're not together because of my hobby, it's other issues considered.....Now that I'm separated, I go off the chart baby!!!

8. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's it bro I spend no money on drugs as I've never tried them and have no interest. My gf has friends that have bfs who are into drugs and smoking and excess drinking and my gf finds herself lucky I spend money elsewhere.